07-02-2012 02:38 PM
With the release of version 11.50 for HP ALM/Quality Center Enterprise, HP has a two-part release strategy. HP ALM 11.50 is being made generally available while Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50 is launched as Technology Preview Edition and is NOT GA.
If you are a Quality Center Enterprise (QCE) customer on version 11.0 or prior and are interested in the new features of HP ALM 11.50 (“Lab Management”, HP Sprinter 11.50 and Application Lifecycle Intelligence (ALI)) and one can download the trial version of HP ALM 11.50 from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/softwa
If you would like to check out the new capabilities of “Quality center Enterprise”or Business Process Testing (BPT) for version 11.50 (which is NOT GA), it is released in “Technology Preview” mode, we have a specific forum http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-11-50-
Why the need for the forum?
Most enterprise software today are released in a “Community Release” or “Preview” mode to gather feedback from the user community; comment on new functionality and incorporate any critical changes/bugs prior to general release. Improving the installation and upgrade experience was something we heavily focused on with the “Technology Preview” release of Quality Center Enterprise v 11.50. To re-emphasize, QC Enterprise 11.50 and Business Process Testing 11.50 are not yet released, but ARE available as part of our Technology Preview program
Quality Center – Technology Preview program details:
- Open to Existing Customers ONLY. ONLY HP Customers who have a valid SAID for the Quality Center Enterprise / HP ALM products will be allowed access.
- As part of the download of the Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition, you need to agree to the TSFP (Technology Support Feedback Program) agreement. This agreement lists the detailed legal language for evaluating software and providing feedback.
- Quality Center Enterprise – Technology Preview edition software has to be installed on NON-PRODUCTION environments i.e.. staging, development, or test environments. It is NOT meant for production system usage in its current form.
- Customer and community feedback will be gathered through discussions on this forum. Key R&D and Support personnel will be involved on a regular basis in the discussions and feedback aggregation process.
- Business Process Testing (BPT) is a part of the Technology Preview program.