Simple ? I think (42 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Leslie W. Ross
Message 1 of 2 (42 Views)

Simple ? I think

I have compaq workstation ap 250. I wanted to buy more rdram. I would like to know if you can mix 128stick with a 256 or any combo? Also my ram is 712mhz, can i use the 800mhz, or the new 1066mhz with my board(intel-820chipset)? I dont think so on the 1066mhz, but figured I would ask anyway! Last question! My ram has ECC, can I buy non ECC ram, or is it better to have?

Thank You for any help
SoupOfDeFish
Esteemed Contributor
Lance Brown
Message 2 of 2 (42 Views)

Re: Simple ? I think

You have to install the memory in pairs, so you must install equal sizes in both slots. If you have two 128MB modules, you can install two of a different size. You cannot install one 64 and one 128 as adjoining pairs though. If some of the memory is ECC, you need ECC. ECC is better anyway. Installing 1066 will not work and will NOT gain you anything, plus they are not compatible anyway. You should not mix speeds in RAMBUS (RDRAM) systems. Stick with the 712MHz; it is what your system was designed for.

Lance
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.