Onboard video card Pavilion 4445 (30 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Raymund Meijs
Message 1 of 5 (30 Views)

Onboard video card Pavilion 4445

How can I disable the onboard video> I believe I have to do this before I can install a AGP video card in the Pavilion 4445.

thanks Raymund
Respected Contributor
Dries Bertier
Message 2 of 5 (30 Views)

Re: Onboard video card Pavilion 4445

Normally this can be done in the bios. There should be an option to disable onboard video. However i have seen a few systems with switches on the mainboard.

Dries
<< please try >>
Occasional Visitor
Joseph Dai
Message 3 of 5 (30 Views)

i upgraded my ram and i already have agp video card on it, but i can't get my computer to start. What's the problem? i think the beeping sound when i start my computer have sth to do with the video card. How do i fix this problem? do i have to do sth with the switch and disable the onboard video? where it is located?
yahoo
Occasional Visitor
Elliot Oki
Message 4 of 5 (30 Views)

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any option in the HP BIOS to disable the onboard video card. Apparently, OEM's don't like users to modify anything, as they'd have to deal with the resulting support issues. Anyway, I have read that if you delete the video card in Windows' Device Manager, it's the same thing. I'm not sure if it works though. If someone knows how to install a new AGP card properly, please let us know.
Occasional Visitor
Andrew Peregoy
Message 5 of 5 (30 Views)

You must disable the video card via a jumper on the motherboard. It is located right above the secondary IDE channel and next to the ATI video chip. You have to take all of the cards out of the machine and take off the backplane to get to this section of the motherboard. The jumper will have a short diagram next to it displaying the pin orientation to disable the onboard video.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.