Constant Freeze! (67 Views)
Occasional Visitor
william_12
Message 1 of 11 (67 Views)

Constant Freeze!

Fifteen months ago I bought a HP8655c series PC Which would lock up from time to time but we didnt use it much and didnt pay it any mind.Now we use it 2 or 3 hrs a day & it locks up 3 or 4 times daily.Cont-alt-Del does nothing and I have to push on/off button on machine not closing windows properly..I've done a recover twice & then ran a format&recover twice,tried another ISP,tried another keyboard& mouse...Any input would be appreciated!
Peace ,Love,Dove
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tony_18
Message 2 of 11 (67 Views)

Re: Constant Freeze!

my pavilion does the same thing...
i have celeron chip in mine....?
what chip do you have celeron or intell
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Bolene
Message 3 of 11 (67 Views)

Sounds like you are running out of resources. It locks when that happens.

Check oput this link
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hppavilion20370&LC=personal_computing&Tfile=bph0...

Or you may just be running out of memory if you have not added any since you bought it.

Check this link
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hppavilion20370&LC=personal_computing&Tfile=bph0...

Pass me some points if this helped.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DALE KING
Message 4 of 11 (67 Views)

It could also be getting too hot inside the case. You could also have a bad memory chip. Make sure all fans are turning, the one on power supply and the one on the processor also some video cards have a fan, check them all out. Never hurts to clean out the dust while the case is opened.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
william_15
Message 5 of 11 (67 Views)

Yeah man...got a pentium III....Must be a lemon...gonna try a few things...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
william_15
Message 6 of 11 (67 Views)

Havn't had much time to fool with it lately..Gonna upgrade to win 2000 pro today 7 see if that will iron out anything after i take panel off & check fans...gonna ckeck those links out too [1st}...only has 64 megs of ram...ill try that too...add 128....ill let you know how it goes...Thanx.
William
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
william_15
Message 7 of 11 (67 Views)

Somebody told me the same thing about the heat...CPU has been on the floor and we got cats...DUSTY....I reworked work station and its on desk now..Gonna clean and check it out today.That cover and cage and fan vent is a pain!No room in there!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
william_15
Message 8 of 11 (67 Views)

Why dont get assign points button?
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
DALE KING
Message 9 of 11 (67 Views)

be honest William, I don't know why you don't get assign points, I never asked a question so I don't know how to assign the points. I am glad you are going to clean the system though, I clean mine out all the time, firm believer in keeping the inside clean.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
William_16
Message 10 of 11 (67 Views)

I know now why no point....I acsessed from 3 different terminals & forgot ID & pass & had to regiser again so there are 3 williams running around....i got the 1st one elsewhere & I will get it straight...ill let you know how the dirty deed goes...Clean & upgrade....gonna get more memory today.....
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dean_13
Message 11 of 11 (67 Views)

I bought an 8655c it froze up everytime I used it. I had windows 98 so I upgraded to windows me to see if that would help. It didnt so I contacted hp because the machine was still under warranty. Get this, they would not help me because I upgraded to the a better operating system. This was just a home computer I purchase for my family. I still have it.. I tried everything ie changing Bios upgrading drivers and having professional help. Bottom line there is no fix. Bottom line it is the last HP I am buying. I think the poor service by HP cost them dearly too since I am reminded everytime I use the machine what poor service (no service) I received even under warranty and how much I hate their product. HP has lost one heck of a lot of business.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation