"Sticky" use on the forum. (90 Views)
Honored Contributor
Gene F
Message 1 of 2 (90 Views)

"Sticky" use on the forum.

This is a great forum! Here is a suggestion for making it even better, IMHO.

On other forums that I frequent, which is several, they have a "Sticky/ies" post/s. For those who are unaware of what a "Sticky" is, it is a post that comes up at the top of every page. Therefore, everyone will see it every time they enter the forum.

This is a Tech forum, but if we could teach members how to find information on the forum before asking for help, it would increase their knowledge as well.

The first "Sticky" that I believe would help is explaining how to use the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of the page to find the data and motherboard pages for their rigs. Those of us who consistently help the other members, have posted these links hundreds of times.

To me, the main purpose of a Tech Support forum should be to help people solve their problems, but if we can teach them something about their rigs, this would even be a far greater service.

I made another post of this titled "Note to HP moderator" in another section. It was suggested that I post it here, also.
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 2 of 2 (90 Views)

Re: "Sticky" use on the forum.

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the suggestions. While the "sticky" facility is not available on thse forums we do have a useful links section at the bottom of page one in each category, for instance see the links at the bottom of the ipaq page here: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=273

If you have any links you would like to see addedto any category, let me know and I can raise a call to get it done,

Hope this helps,

Gary
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation