Re: Welcome to the all-new Business Support Forums! (1795 Views)
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 1 of 18 (4,806 Views)

Welcome to the all-new Business Support Forums!

We have successfully transitioned the Business Support Forums to the new forums platform you're now reading this post on.  All of our historical content has moved forward, so while we'll now have access to some great new features and capabilities, we haven't lost any of the excellent discussions from our previous Business Support Forums community.

Anyone who had previously been awarded with 150 or more "points" in the old forums will now be shown as a "Founder" in our new community.  In addition, we now have a more robust ranking system that will allow our contributors to strive to reach additional ranks in the ranking ladder - for more information on the kudos system, which is just one of the factors involved in your forum rank, please click here.

If you had previously had certain forums/threads marked as "favorites", or had email subscriptions for any boards/threads, you'll need to re-create those - and you can now take advantage of RSS feeds for notifications (but we also provide standard email notifications if you prefer something similar to the past system) - for additional information on bookmarks (what we used to call favorites), subscriptions (notifications), or RSS feeds, please click here.

A few of the other new features the community can now take advantage of are accepted solutions, tagging, and private messaging.

There are additional updates and enhancements - for a complete overview, please see the Help link, available from the upper-right hand corner of any page.

Thanks for your patience during the transition - and welcome to YOUR new Business Support Forums community!

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 2 of 18 (4,784 Views)

Re: Welcome to the all-new Business Support Forums!

We have identified a minor issue regarding how threads/discussions are sorted within a forum/board - you may notice that some discussions are not being sorted based on when the most recent post was made within the thread.  We should have a fix in place soon, and I will post additional information to this thread as we receive it.

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
KB
Visitor
KB
Message 3 of 18 (4,703 Views)

Now my old id and password from the ipaq forum do not work anymore. To be able send this message, I had to create a new password and so my old id is now closed for me. Please, help me to get back. My old online name Kaj is still there.... Regards Kaj
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 4 of 18 (4,692 Views)

Hi Kaj - you'll still use HP Passport to log in here, just as you did with the previous BSC forums.  So your existing HPP login and password should certainly still work, and they should be associated with your migrated account

Keep in mind your HPP user ID is not necessarily the same as your forums screen name (Kaj).

If you're having problems with HPP, you can use the following two links to recover your user ID, and/or reset your password:

Recover HPP user ID - https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/forgotuserid.do

Reset HPP password - https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/forgotpwd.do

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Carl Hennig_1
Message 5 of 18 (4,429 Views)

Yes, please change the colour of the text in the forums list. It is extremely hard to read.

Your 14pt text on a 2560 display is very difficult when you selected a low contrast colour for your text font.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hays
Message 6 of 18 (4,353 Views)

Hi M8,

I have a iPAQ Business Navigator, I was trying to update it but keeps saying : Please wait.

Device update in progress since yesterday.

Think there is a problem with it. Please kindly assist.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
David GG
Message 7 of 18 (4,230 Views)

I don't seem to be able to subscribe to a Board any more eg Handhelds - iPaq. The option is there for Topics, but I can't see it for Boards - only RSS feeds. Sorry if I'm missing something here...
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 8 of 18 (4,148 Views)

David - when you're at a board level, there is a "Board Options" pull-down menu near the top-right portion of the page - you should find the "Subscribe" option there in that list, which should give you the functionality you're looking for.

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
David GG
Message 9 of 18 (2,493 Views)

Thanks.  I couldn't se that option before, but it's there now, and it works...

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
lowster
Message 10 of 18 (2,435 Views)

just a shot in the dark, but it might be easier for you to change how the page looks through your internet options, but you never know, they might just change it for you?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Liam W
Message 11 of 18 (2,392 Views)

Kevin_Paul wrote:

If you had previously had certain forums/threads marked as "favorites", or had email subscriptions for any boards/threads, you'll need to re-create those

Is there any way to relate a URL on the old forums to the new ones? I notice that a few threads contain links with the old URL (forums11.itrc.hp.com...) which just throws you back to the Business Support home.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Philippe H
Message 12 of 18 (2,322 Views)

The fact that HP has just broken the links to years of archived threads is a disaster. Most or all links from Google searches is now dead.

As an IT professional, easy access to those threads on a Google search is invaluable. Eeven seemingly old and obsolete threads can reveal good ideas and strategies for tackling issues.

PLEASE fix using a redirect to the threads' new locations.

Please use plain text.
Vajith V
Message 13 of 18 (2,298 Views)

Thanks Philippe! We will pass your suggestions to Forums management team for review and action.

Thanks,

Vajith

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 14 of 18 (2,283 Views)

Philippe - we're aware of the current problem with Google searches that are attempting to reach the "old" content in the previous forums.  We're actively working on a solution and I will provide more information here in this thread as I receive it.

I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 15 of 18 (2,203 Views)

Any new news about the linking problem?  It is so discouraging to find that all the old links are broken since I have a very comprehensive list of useful posts and would often link to old posts in my replies to users.  Now, not only does my comprehensive list no longer work (I can live with that), but all the old posts that include links to other old posts are practically useless.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
jill
Message 16 of 18 (1,806 Views)

Hi.  Is this a place where I can get info re the HP 130r?  Thanks.  jill

Please use plain text.
RASHMI
Message 17 of 18 (1,801 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Jill,
Thanks for participating in the HP Forums!

The proper place for asking the problems/issues related to HP 130r product is in the Printing and Digital Imaging "Designet" category
in the Business Support Forums area
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Designjet/bd-p/bsc-414

You can post your issues in this given above link.

Thanks & Regards,
Rashmi

Forum Moderator

Thanks,
Rashmi
Forum Moderator
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
jill
Message 18 of 18 (1,795 Views)

tu

jill

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation