Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition (2770 Views)
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 76 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

Raj - yes, all of the historical posts from the ITRC forums will be moved to the new community site. Glad your test worked OK!
I work for HP.
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 77 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

Hi Kevin,

Cool!

Thanks,
Raj
Frequent Advisor
Ralph Frampton
Message 78 of 108 (1,355 Views)

My observations from today using the new HPP & the old ITRC forums:
- HPP: I'm not a fan of the very short subject lines, it didn't take long before trying to read a narrow column of text started giving me a headache!

- HPP: I have a 24" wide screen monitor, I hate it when web UI's restrict my ability to more appropriately utilize more/all of my display space (eg. see short subject line column mention above)

- RE Step 5 in "If you already have an HP Passport account", I can login there but am immediately told that cookies aren't enabled along with information on how to do so. BIG Problem, I don't like being told to weaken the security of my Internet Zone browsing for a single site! I may be okay with accepting first party cookies for HP sites (we'll see) but am less inclined to consider accepting third party cookies these days of increased security exploitations.

- HPP: Without having made any changes to my Internet Zone cookie settings I find that http://h30499.www3.hp.com/ allows me to login without complaining unlike the Step 5 experience noted above, it even remembered that I had logged into it earlier tonight. Why the difference?
Honored Contributor
Biju V George!
Message 79 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Hello Kevin,

I just tested my login & it works fine.

I have a question :)

All my responses and points will be moved to the new site or we will be starting fresh.

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 80 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Hi Biju, I've been attending two 'community council' meetings last couple of weeks.

I heard we should see a FAQ soon.
The new forums use something called 'kudos'.

For every point between 8-10, you will get one kudos.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 81 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Ralph - I'm not sure why you're seeing a difference between HPP and http://h30499.www3.hp.com/ (which *uses* HPP for authentication). Do you have any additional URL's for when you've talked about the HPP experiences (in your first three bullets?)

Biju - All of the historical discussions will be migrated - so we won't lose any of the great content that's been submitted over the years. And as Johan mentioned, there is a new recognition system within the new community, but points you've earned here in the ITRC forums will be part of the transition/migration - they'll become "kudos", but you won't lose your relative rank amongst your fellow contributors.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 82 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Kevin:

"but you won't lose your relative rank amongst your fellow contributors."

How is this possible if points 1-7 are not counted?
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 83 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Johan - the new recognition system doesn't only look at points - while you're correct that kudos will be awarded for posts that have received 8-10 points, it's not the only data point that goes towards your ranking.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
AwadheshPandey
Message 84 of 108 (1,355 Views)

thanks. I did the necc changes.
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 85 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Kevin: Cool! Thanks for clarifying :)
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 86 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Hi,

i am having query in registrating the same

I am not recollecting my HP Passport account while creating the new one with email of itrc of forum iam using it is giving me below error

â ¢This e-mail address is already associated with another user ID that you established at this site or another HP.com site. Try signing in with the user ID associated with this e-mail address or create a new registration using another e-mail address.

How should i handle this?

Also please correct me my email of itrc forum should be same as email id of hp passport account

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 87 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Bonjour,

It seems that http://h30499.www3.hp.com will become the new location for HP forums. Assuming this :

1) Maybe it has been previously explained, but from http://h30499.www3.hp.com where can I find a HP-UX virtualization forum (like http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=855 ) and in a more general way a HP-UX forum ( http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=117 ) ?????

2) From the main menu, we can see some Kanji characters (or others, whatever is the name which one gives them) pointing to some categories.

Do you really think it is a viable way to mix occidental and asian characters ?

Every one, who has something to do in IT, speaks english. Even me, who has one of the worst english in the world ;-) But not all people can understand the chinese.

It simply means that some categories of the forum will be inaccessible to most people.

And if I want to follow your thinking to the end, why don't you also accept jude, cyrillic, greek characters ... and posts in others langages. For example in french .... ;-)

I just can't believe it !!!

3) Kevin, you said about our forums user name, screen name, nickname or whatever how you call it, that "you may include spaces". It simply doesn't work. Only the underscore is accepted.

Maybe I have a stiff psychology, but I just want to be kwown as "Eric SAUBIGNAC", not "Eric_SAUBIGNAC". Even our old, none perfect, ITRC forum let us have space in our name ...

But in fact, what I wanted to point is your error. OK, error is human, and nobody can blame you for this one. But I found an other one there : http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/change-of-nickname/m-p/2353271 . In a summary, the actions provided by the moderator to modify a nickname are not possible.

How many appreciations from the administrators of the new forum will finally be erroneous ?

4) And since I am speaking of errors ...

Most of my clients organize some tries before a definitive migration to a major release of their application or when a new one will replace the old one.

After the tries, end users report about bugs, lacks, loss of data, ... All of this is analyzed and in most cases, the new application's configuration is modified, some parts are coded again, the ISV is asked to make some changes, and so on.

We can admit that we are facing a major migration, there. Right ?

We can admit that all forums users are end users. Right ?

So why are not we involved in a test phase ?

Again, I can't believe it !!!

Regards

Eric
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 88 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Bonjour Eric,

Regarding the new forum at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/ have a look at Kevin Paul's post from Apr 27, 2011 21:59:51 GMT in this thread:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1478326

An by the way, bien sur, there is a french forum :-) http://h30478.www3.hp.com/
It is one of the 10 (!) different Lithium instances I have found at hp.com...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 89 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Merci Michael,

I will read this post later : too many things "to eat and to digest" for someone whose the native langage is not english. But I will, and many thanks for this link.

In fact I don't think that it is a good idea to have localized forums. A very bad idea in total contradiction with the concept of Single Point Of Knowledge. Just a useless fragmentation. IMHO.

And I am very disappointed that Kevin Paul did not answer on this specific point.

Eric
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 90 of 108 (1,355 Views)

Eric - apologies for the late response; I was on vacation last week and I'm just getting back this morning.

Yes, this is a major migration - and that is why you don't see any HP UX areas - YET. That will change on the 18th, when all of the legacy content is migrated into the new forum environment.

Your "screen name" CAN include a blank space if you are one of our existing users here in the ITRC forums that has an account migrated. The new site will not allow NEW users to use blank spaces - they'll have to use the underscore instead.

And yes, there are currently a few other forums listed for our users in Asia Pacific and Japan. We realize that's not a great experience for users not looking for content in those languages; it's an interim solution that will be resolved later this summer.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 91 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Bonjour,

Apologies too for my impatience.

--- "that is why you don't see any HP UX areas - YET"

Well ... not totally convinced. So just wait and see :-(

--- "Your "screen name" CAN include a blank space if you are one of our existing users here in the ITRC forums that has an account migrated"

Not sure I correctly understood. Do you mean that my screen name, that actually contains an underscore in the new forum, will be AUTOMATICALLY updated AFTER the migration to reflect the one I have in the ITRC ?
Note : I have noticed that in the new forum, your screen name is Kevin_Paul, so also with an underscore ;-)

--- "it's an interim solution that will be resolved later this summer."

Really hope it will. For example I have seen that some threads around HP-UX exist in the new forum but in chinese, or whatever it is. I can't say :-(

Eric

Acclaimed Contributor
James R. Ferguson
Message 92 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Hi Kevin:

I have to ask:

> Your "screen name" CAN include a blank space if you are one of our existing users here in the ITRC forums that has an account migrated.

So what happens to those of us with a dot (period) after our middle initial? And what about folks with hyphenated names?

Regards!

...JRF...
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 93 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Eric - If you have a blank space in your ITRC screen name, your migrated screen name will still contain a blank space (as long as you had the email match between an HPP account and your ITRC profile, and there wasn't already a screen name associated with the HPP account).

James - Sorry, I should have been more specific - migrated names can also contain periods and hyphens - again, as long as the match between an HPP account (not already tied to a screen name on the new community site) and the ITRC profile exists.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 94 of 108 (1,353 Views)

(as long as you had the email match between an HPP account and your ITRC profile, and there WASN'T ALREADY A SCREEN NAME ASSOCIATED WITH THE HPP ACCOUNT).

That's EXACTLY THE PROBLEM : I already have an HPP (with the good email), and already a screen name since the very first thing you are asked to do when you want to access the forum (don't remember if it is only for reading or for posting) is to create a screen name !!! And at this point you CAN'T create a screen name with a blank !!!!

So ... ?
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 95 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Change to another e-mail on your new HPP account? =)
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 96 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Thanks Yohan, but if I modify my e-mail it will not modify my screen name. As far as I know.

Perhaps what I should do is modifying my current HPP's e-mail to a foo one, then create a new HPP with the good e-mail and NEVER go the forum until the migration is achieved :-(

But my HPP is associated with the SSII I am working for and must be validated. More, my student ID is also attached to the HPP. So I am afraid I will cause more damage to the situation if I try this.

And as said in he initial post from Kevin, modifications have to be done 'prior to June 1st'. And today IS the day :-(

But what I don't understand is WHY SUCH SUBTLETY IS NOT CLEARLY EXPLAINED !!!

Grrrr

Kevin, is there a way to erase current screen name BEFORE the migration occurs ?
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 97 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Eric - I'm working with our community partners on your specific issue, and I'll let you know as soon as I can how that case will be handled.

Don't worry about the June 1st deadline - we actually have some extra time beyond today before the registration processes are completed.
I work for HP.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 98 of 108 (1,353 Views)

Eric - quick update - we're updating the migration process so that your ITRC screen name WILL over-write an existing screen name on the new Enterprise Business community site. This way, screen names that contain blank spaces, periods, and/or hyphens will be retained an un-altered.
I work for HP.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 99 of 108 (1,354 Views)

>kevin_paul: so that your ITRC screen name WILL over-write an existing screen name on the new Enterprise Business community site.

Thanks, that's good news after my last conversation with you guys.
Honored Contributor
Eric SAUBIGNAC
Message 100 of 108 (1,354 Views)

Bonjour,

And "merci beaucoup" Kevin.

Any news about the end of the migration ?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.