Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition (963 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sean O'Banion at SAIC
Message 26 of 108 (973 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

As with everybody else here, thanks for the early warning...

My last name and email address include an apostrophe, as does my birth certificate and US Passport.

The current ITRC allows for an apostrophe, but my HP Passport does not. Is there a way to enter an apostrophe into these fields?
Well, technically, yes and no
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 27 of 108 (973 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

Just my 2-cents but, I like this forum format, it's simple/clean easy to follow for all, for many many years. To be honest, I can't stand the new layout and the silly thankyou system, that the new layout uses. What a shame, I'm gonna miss this place, as I dislike the new layout that much!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Viktor Balogh
Message 28 of 108 (973 Views)

John, you're not alone, I will also miss this look and feel. I think it's because we're more into technical things, that's why we prefer the minimalistic view and favor the content. I'm not sure when this forum will be closed, but until that time want to earn a new hat to pass as a king. :)
Unix operates with beer.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Johan Guldmyr
Message 29 of 108 (973 Views)

I'm doing that too Victor :) Only 170 points to go for me :)

And I also like the minimalistic and simple forum. But true, some features sure would be nice like better search, direct messages etc.

Click the Kudos Star if this was a good post.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
mvpel
Message 30 of 108 (973 Views)

This e-mail address is already associated with another user ID that you established at this site or another HP.com site. Try signing in with the user ID associated with this e-mail address or create a new registration using another e-mail address.
---

This occurred when I tried to change my Passport e-mail address to match my ITRC e-mail address.

Am I missing a step?
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Ismail Azad
Message 31 of 108 (970 Views)

Hi kevin,

A big thank you for the heads up and lookin' forward to the exciting change. However, adding to the Kudos part... I think everyone will agree that "wizard, "king", "pharoah" and "olympian" sound way cooler than "collector", "advisor" and "superuser" and so do the symbols as far as the "hat" and the "new graph" is concered. And system administration being the most active forum here on ITRC, they are all "superusers" anyway. :). However, I do appreciate the concept of more levels. My tuppence worth.

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Hein van den Heuvel
Message 32 of 108 (970 Views)

Kevin wrote>> My last name and email address include an apostrophe, as does my birth certificate and US Passport.

And my name, as many Dutch names, is long and has spaces.
Bit of a bummer to be forced to shorten it, but I suppose better me pick a reasonable alternative over the system doing a hard truncate. The screen real-estate seems to allow for more in all the places I have seen the username used so far. Oh well.

Also, I'm working from a new computer today, and in the last 10 minutes have been prompted to login to HP.COM sites 5 times. Bummer.

Hein
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Hein van den Heuvel
Message 33 of 108 (970 Views)

Ooops... Sean wrote, not Kevin.
Hein.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 34 of 108 (970 Views)

Sean - unfortunately, HPP does not currently allow for apostrophes in user IDs. BUT - please remember your HPP user ID does NOT have to be the same as your forums screen name - I will find out if apostrophes are allowed in screen names in the new HP environment and let you know what I find out.

mvpel - it sounds like there's an HPP account out there already associated with your email address that you used with your ITRC forums account. You may want to try the "Forgot HP Passport user ID" form @ https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/forgotuserid.do and see if that helps (there's also a link on that page you can use to reset your password, if that HPP account is one you haven't used in a while and don't have either the user ID or password for anymore).

Ismail - we're looking at option regarding the ranking ladder in the new environment. It's something we do have some control over, and the labels used there today aren't necessarily the ones we'll always have. I appreciate your feedback!

Hein - unless I'm miscounting (it's Monday morning - certainly a possibility!), your current ITRC name is *not* too long, and won't need to be truncated.
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Bob Blunt
Message 35 of 108 (970 Views)

Kevin, I've checked my profile and I have specified two email addresses separated by a comma. Seems to work OK with ITRC but it does beg the question of how to enter that into HPP. In addition my ITRC acocunt has been through several email changes since it's creation (in 2003, I think?). The current email addresses are totally different from the original when created, so which one (or both) gets used?

To reiterate and clarify I do NOT need to use the ITRC username (two capitalized letters and a string of digits) for this to work correctly in the new world, correct?

bob
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 36 of 108 (970 Views)

Bob - while you're correct about ITRC allowing for multiple email addresses, HPP does *not* support that - it's one email address per HPP account/profile. So your best bet is to update your ITRC profile to only include one email address, and make sure that's the same email address associated with your HPP account. And the ITRC email address I'm speaking about is the one associated with your forums profile - but it wouldn't hurt to make sure you're consistent across both your "full" ITRC profile as well as the forums portion of your ITRC account.

And yes, your ITRC user ID (XX12345 type identifier) won't be used any longer - your screen name in the new community will be the same as it is here (Bob Blunt), and your "user ID" will be the one associated with your HPP account.
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Pradep
Message 37 of 108 (970 Views)

Does it mean new SupportCenter is available to only those, who have active support contract/SAID with HP ? that mean its paid facility now ?
earlier anybody could create ITRC id and access information !!
Its same like making Patches available only to those who have SAID, sometime ago.
Am i correct ?
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 38 of 108 (970 Views)

>Pradep: Does it mean new SupportCenter is available to only those, who have active support contract/SAID with HP?

Which SupportCenter, this about the new forums.
Business Support Center?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Pradep
Message 39 of 108 (970 Views)

HP sent me mail, that ITRC will be replaced by HP Support center..
We will send you additional migration details as the ITRC retirement date nears. If you have more questions about the ITRC migration and the new HP Support Center portal, please refer to the HP Support Center â Frequently Asked Questions document.
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c02761338.pdf
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 40 of 108 (970 Views)

>Pradep: Does it mean new SupportCenter is available to only those who have active support contract/SAID with HP?

Other than the forums, it seems most on the ITRC now requires a support contract. I assume the replacement will be similar.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 41 of 108 (963 Views)

Pradep - Some features and content are available on HP Support Center without authentication, but other features and content may require signing in and having an active warranty, HP Care Pack, or support agreement.
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Pradep
Message 42 of 108 (963 Views)

Kevin - is the forum question and answers available free ?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 43 of 108 (963 Views)

Pradep - the forums will absolutely continue to be completely free.
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Daniel Fernandez Illan
Message 44 of 108 (963 Views)

Thanks,

I also did changes.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LStock
Message 45 of 108 (963 Views)

OK so I have gone thru all these steps, and actually discovered I have 2 Hp Passport accounts. I am trying to be a good stewart of HP resources and get these accounts combined but I am having difficulty identifying who in HP to contact about this. Any hints?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Geoff Wild
Message 46 of 108 (963 Views)

Hey everyone - long time no posting from me.

Question, my current HP Passport user ID is my (yikes!) email address - do I need to change that to match my ITRC user name?

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 47 of 108 (963 Views)

LStock - Unfortunately, HP Passport doesn't support the combining of multiple accounts into a single profile. If you want to delete your extra account, let me know what the user ID is and I can work with the HPP team to have that account removed.

Geoff - only if you want to change it; your HP Passport ID isn't displayed/shared with anyone else (it's not the same thing as your forums/community "screen name", which is what's shown when you post).
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
abrsvc
Message 48 of 108 (963 Views)

I tried this today without success. It would seem that my current ITRC profile is not accepted nor will the system allow me to create a new account. Can you shoot me an Email with a contact number so we can straighten this out?

Thanks,
Dan
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Ian Miller.
Message 49 of 108 (963 Views)

will access continue to be free, even for people with no support contracts?
Kevin_Paul
Message 50 of 108 (963 Views)

Dan - can you give me a bit more detail about where in the process you're experiencing problems? Not sure what you mean by "my current ITRC profile is not accepted", since you're able to log in and post here. Any additional information you can provide might help me help you.

Ian - yes, the forums and community capabilities will continue to be free, and available for everyone, regardless of warranties, support contracts, etc.
I work for HP.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation