03-04-2011 09:52 AM
Due to a schedule change with the migration, ITRC forum users will now have an additional 10 days (until June 10th) to complete this process. Additional information about the specific migration schedule will be posted soon.
If you are a current (or past) participant in the ITRC forums, please read the following and take the appropriate action prior to June 1st, 2011. Otherwise, your post contributions may not be associated with your profile moving forward.
As part of the transition to our new forums environment (currently scheduled for mid-June - more details coming soon), we are standardizing authentication systems. Moving forward, all HP communities will utilize HP Passport(HPP) accounts for user authentication - doing away with the need for multiple accounts to participate in different communities (as many of our users often do).
In order to associate your past forum activity and contributions with an HPP account, you need to verify that the email address you provided when creating your ITRC forums account is the same as the email address associated with an HPP account.
In addition, please ensure your forums user name (how you are identified within the community, NOT your ITRC user ID) is 23 characters or less, and only contains alpha/numeric characters (you may include spaces or the underscore character). Otherwise, after the transition to the new forums platform, your name may either be truncated and/or have any non-compliant characters removed.
If you already have an HP Passport account:
1) Access your ITRC forums profile by visiting https://www.itrc.hp.com/service/home/myProfile.do (logging in if necessary), and clicking the "View or modify forums profile" link
2) Within the "My forum profile" portion of the profile page, you will find the email address associated with your ITRC forums account; if it's not current and/or correct, make the necessary changes
3) In the same portion of your profile, modify your "Forums user name" if necessary (23 alpha/numeric characters or less)
4) Click the "Submit" button
5) Access your HP Passport profile by visiting https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/modifyuser.do (you will need to log in)
6) Verify that the email address listed matches what you provided for your ITRC profile in Step 2 - if necessary, update your address and click the "Submit" button
If you do not already have an HP Passport account:
1) Create a new HP Passport account by registering at https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/createuser.do
2) Access your ITRC forums profile by visiting https://www.itrc.hp.com/service/home/myProfile.do (logging in if necessary), and clicking the "View or modify forums profile" link
3) Within the "My forum profile" section of the profile page, you will find the email address currently associated with your ITRC forums account. If it's not the same address you used to create your new HP Passport account (in Step 1), make the necessary changes
4) In the same portion of your profile, modify your "Forums user name" if necessary (23 alpha/numeric characters or less)
5) Click the "Submit" button
Please complete one of the above two options prior to June 1st, so that we may ensure your HPP profile retains an association with all of your past ITRC forums contributions. In the coming months, we will start to provide additional detail and information about this exciting change for our Enterprise support community!
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-05-2011 07:35 AM
How about a dab of color (dark red!) to the bolded warning "Please Note! Click here..."
I assume this new topic is related to the answer in the topic "The ITRC forums will continue to exist until mid-2011?"
this reply will serve as a link to the related discussion / warnings.
03-07-2011 07:24 AM
And this does relate to the same transition discussed in that thread - I'll be posting a lot of additional information about the transition, the new forum capabilities, the schedule, etc. in the coming weeks and months - but as this particular issue was the only one requiring action on part of the community, I wanted to get this information distributed as quickly as possible.
03-07-2011 10:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up.
I have been surveyed by HP under an existing NDA as to the new environment planned.
Due to the NDA, I can't make specific comments as to future planed features.
However HP can and should disclose what it plans for the environment.
General feedback needs to be collected to avoid driving users off the future forums.
Owner of ISN Corporation
03-07-2011 02:58 PM
We certainly will be sharing additional details about the transition, and doing so soon. But for now, because this piece around the profiles/accounts is going to be an important step for our users to be aware of, I wanted to focus this particular discussion on the need for HP Passport accounts.
But there's plenty of additional information coming soon!
03-08-2011 05:08 AM
It seems in the new forums (lithium) you cannot change the forum user name by yourself like here.
So if I already have a HPP user and lithium forum user, does that forum name get changed to the one that is my ITRC forum user name?
03-08-2011 07:31 AM
You are correct that you can not change your Lithium screen name on your own - but it's something an admin or moderator can assist with.
03-16-2011 02:17 AM
Thanks for that. But we are facing issues on current search option to search things in ITRC forums. we obtain "NO Values" for "Project and portfolio management". It was really help full these days and suddenly vanished.Please fo the neeful.
03-18-2011 07:03 AM
03-19-2011 05:50 AM
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
03-21-2011 06:03 AM
As far as the UI/look & feel - we have some exciting updates planned for several of our community sites this year, including the Enterprise site. Still working on the timing (in relation to the transition), so I can't promise the UI update will happen before these forums migrate - but we'll be releasing more information as soon as we can.
03-22-2011 08:05 AM
03-23-2011 05:56 AM
There may be a point in the future where additional consolidation/standardization on accounts you need to use across hp.com - but for now this is focused on our forum/community sites.
Hope that helps - thanks for your questions.
03-23-2011 01:40 PM
03-24-2011 06:47 AM
If you need notifications sent to multiple email addresses, perhaps you can set up a rule from one email account to forward anything from the HP forums address to the second address? The new forums environment will also provide RSS notification options if that might help meet your specific needs...
03-25-2011 12:08 AM
I did remove all not alpha/numerical symbols from my ITRC name but it is not the same as my "nickname" in the new community forum, will it affect anything or binding is done based on the fact that e-mail in both profiles are same?
03-25-2011 06:00 AM
03-25-2011 06:02 AM
Thats exactly my case (emails are same, but on new community i have other name). thanks again for the information.
03-25-2011 11:14 AM