Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition (2720 Views)
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 1 of 108 (2,770 Views)
Accepted Solution

Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

June 3rd Update
------------------------
Due to a schedule change with the migration, ITRC forum users will now have an additional 10 days (until June 10th) to complete this process. Additional information about the specific migration schedule will be posted soon.

If you are a current (or past) participant in the ITRC forums, please read the following and take the appropriate action prior to June 1st, 2011. Otherwise, your post contributions may not be associated with your profile moving forward.

As part of the transition to our new forums environment (currently scheduled for mid-June - more details coming soon), we are standardizing authentication systems. Moving forward, all HP communities will utilize HP Passport(HPP) accounts for user authentication - doing away with the need for multiple accounts to participate in different communities (as many of our users often do).

In order to associate your past forum activity and contributions with an HPP account, you need to verify that the email address you provided when creating your ITRC forums account is the same as the email address associated with an HPP account.

In addition, please ensure your forums user name (how you are identified within the community, NOT your ITRC user ID) is 23 characters or less, and only contains alpha/numeric characters (you may include spaces or the underscore character). Otherwise, after the transition to the new forums platform, your name may either be truncated and/or have any non-compliant characters removed.

If you already have an HP Passport account:

1) Access your ITRC forums profile by visiting https://www.itrc.hp.com/service/home/myProfile.do (logging in if necessary), and clicking the "View or modify forums profile" link

2) Within the "My forum profile" portion of the profile page, you will find the email address associated with your ITRC forums account; if it's not current and/or correct, make the necessary changes

3) In the same portion of your profile, modify your "Forums user name" if necessary (23 alpha/numeric characters or less)

4) Click the "Submit" button

5) Access your HP Passport profile by visiting https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/modifyuser.do (you will need to log in)

6) Verify that the email address listed matches what you provided for your ITRC profile in Step 2 - if necessary, update your address and click the "Submit" button

If you do not already have an HP Passport account:

1) Create a new HP Passport account by registering at https://passport2.hp.com/hppcf/createuser.do

2) Access your ITRC forums profile by visiting https://www.itrc.hp.com/service/home/myProfile.do (logging in if necessary), and clicking the "View or modify forums profile" link

3) Within the "My forum profile" section of the profile page, you will find the email address currently associated with your ITRC forums account. If it's not the same address you used to create your new HP Passport account (in Step 1), make the necessary changes

4) In the same portion of your profile, modify your "Forums user name" if necessary (23 alpha/numeric characters or less)

5) Click the "Submit" button

Please complete one of the above two options prior to June 1st, so that we may ensure your HPP profile retains an association with all of your past ITRC forums contributions. In the coming months, we will start to provide additional detail and information about this exciting change for our Enterprise support community!
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Hein van den Heuvel
Message 2 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

Thanks for the heads-up Kevin.

How about a dab of color (dark red!) to the bolded warning "Please Note! Click here..."

I assume this new topic is related to the answer in the topic "The ITRC forums will continue to exist until mid-2011?"

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1440511

this reply will serve as a link to the related discussion / warnings.

Cheers,
Hein
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 3 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Re: Important information about the upcoming HP Passport authentication system transition

Hein - thanks for the excellent suggestion - going to use that!

And this does relate to the same transition discussed in that thread - I'll be posting a lot of additional information about the transition, the new forum capabilities, the schedule, etc. in the coming weeks and months - but as this particular issue was the only one requiring action on part of the community, I wanted to get this information distributed as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
I work for HP.
Exalted Contributor
Steven E. Protter
Message 4 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Shalom,

Thanks for the heads up.

I have been surveyed by HP under an existing NDA as to the new environment planned.

Due to the NDA, I can't make specific comments as to future planed features.

However HP can and should disclose what it plans for the environment.

General feedback needs to be collected to avoid driving users off the future forums.

SEP
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 5 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

We certainly will be sharing additional details about the transition, and doing so soon. But for now, because this piece around the profiles/accounts is going to be an important step for our users to be aware of, I wanted to focus this particular discussion on the need for HP Passport accounts.

But there's plenty of additional information coming soon!
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Michael Leu
Message 6 of 108 (2,770 Views)

First of all good luck to you for this endeavour! :-)

My question:
It seems in the new forums (lithium) you cannot change the forum user name by yourself[1] like here.

So if I already have a HPP user and lithium forum user, does that forum name get changed to the one that is my ITRC forum user name?

[1] http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Community-Feedback-Suggestions/change-of-nickname/m-p/2353271
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigation: Forum Site Map // ye olde ITRC Tree
@HP: please get rid of the Passport login timeout
Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 7 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Thanks for the heads up.
I did necessary changes
Regards,
Hakki A. Ucar
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 8 of 108 (2,770 Views)

Michael - if you have already participated in the HP Enterprise Business forums (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/), your screen name there shouldn't be changed - but your HPP account (and Lithium profile) will become associated with all of your ITRC forum contributions.

You are correct that you can not change your Lithium screen name on your own - but it's something an admin or moderator can assist with.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Shibin_2
Message 9 of 108 (2,768 Views)

Thanks,

I too did changes.
Regards
Shibin
Frequent Advisor
Rashraj
Message 10 of 108 (2,768 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that. But we are facing issues on current search option to search things in ITRC forums. we obtain "NO Values" for "Project and portfolio management". It was really help full these days and suddenly vanished.Please fo the neeful.

Thanks,
Rajesh
Frequent Advisor
Ewgenia
Message 11 of 108 (2,720 Views)

I have the same problem with forum searching. Will it be fixed?
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 12 of 108 (2,720 Views)

We are aware of the search issue, and are working to resolve that problem; however, it does not impact (or is related to) the transition this message is focusing on.
I work for HP.
HP Pro
Jitun
Message 13 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Would the new forums environment be http://h30499.www3.hp.com ?
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 14 of 108 (2,720 Views)

>Jitun: Would the new forums environment be http://h30499.www3.hp.com?

I believe that's the look and feel.
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 15 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Jitun - yes, that is our Enterprise community site. Currently home to the commercial (business) support forums as well as a few other communities and blogs.

As far as the UI/look & feel - we have some exciting updates planned for several of our community sites this year, including the Enterprise site. Still working on the timing (in relation to the transition), so I can't promise the UI update will happen before these forums migrate - but we'll be releasing more information as soon as we can.
I work for HP.
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Marsh
Message 16 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Kevin,

My SAIDs are associated with my ITRC userid, not my passport ID. How will this be handled?

Thanks, Tom
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 17 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Tom - keep in mind this *only* impacts forums, and forum content. So your Service Agreements, and the corresponding SAIDs, are not impacted by this change/requirement.
I work for HP.
Occasional Visitor
Thomas Marsh
Message 18 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like I will still need to have multiple user ids with HP?

Thanks,

Tom
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 19 of 108 (2,720 Views)

Tom - that's true. This particular standardization is just for HP community sites, which currently can require several accounts/profiles to contribute to.

There may be a point in the future where additional consolidation/standardization on accounts you need to use across hp.com - but for now this is focused on our forum/community sites.

Hope that helps - thanks for your questions.
I work for HP.
Respected Contributor
Robert_Boyd
Message 20 of 108 (2,720 Views)

In my ITRC profile I'm able to have 2 email addresses separated by a comma. In the Passport profile, it won't let me do this. I want to associate both email addresses with my profile. What do I do now?
Master you were right about 1 thing -- the negotiations were SHORT!
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 21 of 108 (2,718 Views)

Robert - while your ITRC profile does allow you to use multiple email addresses, it's not something that HP Passport supports. I would suggest updating your ITRC profile to only contain one email address, otherwise the process by which an HPP account is "matched" to an ITRC profile will miss your account and your forum contributions.

If you need notifications sent to multiple email addresses, perhaps you can set up a rule from one email account to forward anything from the HP forums address to the second address? The new forums environment will also provide RSS notification options if that might help meet your specific needs...
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 22 of 108 (2,718 Views)

Hello Kevin!
I did remove all not alpha/numerical symbols from my ITRC name but it is not the same as my "nickname" in the new community forum, will it affect anything or binding is done based on the fact that e-mail in both profiles are same?
Thank you
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 23 of 108 (2,718 Views)

Vadim - if you already have an account on the Enterprise Business community site, then that screen name will remain - but if the email address in your ITRC forum profile is the same as the one in the HPP account associated with that screen name, then all of your past contributions will become associated with that HPP profile and community screen name.
I work for HP.
Honored Contributor
Vadim Gorda
Message 24 of 108 (2,718 Views)

Thank you Kevin,
Thats exactly my case (emails are same, but on new community i have other name). thanks again for the information.

Best Regards
Vadim
Community Manager
Kevin_Paul
Message 25 of 108 (2,718 Views)

Just a quick FYI - I won't be able to check on this thread for most of the coming week - but I will get back to anyone with questions as quickly as I can after the 4th.

Thanks!
I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.