Re: Business Support Forum & ITRC (652 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Daniel P. P.
Message 1 of 6 (655 Views)

Bussines Support Forum & ITRC

I have got two profiles. One on the BSF and one on the ITRC. How to combine them. I'm trying to do it for some time with no success. I know then there is solution for that cause i saw people on BSF with that kind of account.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 6 (655 Views)

Re: Business Support Forum & ITRC

[ Edited ]

As far as I know, if you have two profiles, you can't combine them. If you have an HP Passport the FAQ says you can combine them but I was unable to do that. Perhaps because I had an existing HP Passport?
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1284739

Occasional Visitor
Daniel P. P.
Message 3 of 6 (655 Views)

Re: Bussines Support Forum & ITRC

I use HP Passport on BSF. It's a pity then there is so big difficulties with that small thing. But I still believe then someone will help me with that. Anyway tnx for your time effort and interest.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 4 of 6 (655 Views)

I agree with Dennis. The problem is that they're 2 separate sites within HP. ITRC uses it's user name/password system (not Passport); and the BSC uses Passport.

It's rather frustrating that you can't re-use the ITRC email address as a log in for Passport because BSC will tell you it's already in use (at the ITRC).

I have, however, been receiving one unified "New HP Forum Discussions" email daily containing posts from both forums. The way I did this is that I joined ITRC Forum first, then several months later when I found out about BSC Forum, joined there using a different email address.

After joining BSC Forum, I opened my profile at BSC, and on the BSC My forum profile page, changed the Forums Email: block to the same email address I use for ITRC. That does not change the login for BSC, just the email address that notifications are sent to.

Since then on the daily emails I get one email containing the BSC Forum posts first, followed by the ITRC posts.

There has been a lot of discussion in the past about merging the forums since they overlap on subject material and the audience is pretty much the same in my opinion, but that subject has been beat to death, and HP hasn't done it.

In fact they've recently added a third forum for consumer products.

Pat
Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 5 of 6 (655 Views)

Yes, a third forum now and it's in the fancy web-forum style, bells & whistles and all and terribly slow.
As this is supposed to be some kind of prototype for the feature, IMHO we can glad that HP is not too fast in changing forums. Better stay with ITRC and BSC separated than having it all together in the style of the "Consumer Products".

Just my 2 cents

Rainald
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 6 of 6 (652 Views)

Re: Business Support Forum & ITRC

With the recent forums merge, if you were lucky your two IDs could have been merged.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.