06-27-2010 06:44 PM - last edited on 12-15-2014 07:39 AM by Maiko-I
It appears that HP doesn't really care about Business solutions rather they just care about saying they do.
This manifests itself in a few ways
Software isn't packaged in nice easy to deploy MSI's and has very poor documentation. Try deploying 3D drive guard or HP Connection manager 188.8.131.52 via an SCCM task sequence, this isn't an easy task.
Desktop management is something that HP is yet to learn.
This forum is another example,
searching Google for the above issue, I see a link which looks helpful. However this is a waste of time, as I get redirected to the home page of this forum, all because you don't want me to find what I am after.
I am very much looking forward to when these laptops get replaced.
P.S. This thread has been moevd from Community Feedback & Suggestions to HP Support Center Feedback & Suggestions. - Hp Forum Moderator
11-18-2010 05:50 AM
On a serious note:
This solved it for me: See below, I got this from another forum.
1. Using 7-zip, extract the content of the HP SP....exe file.
2. Within the extracted folder, create a vbs file (I called mine INSTALL.vbs). Now you should have 3 files within the folder: INSTALL.vbs, Setup.exe and HPCM.exe.
3. Edit the INSTALL.vbs file in Notepad and paste in the following:
set oShell= CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
set oEnv = oShell.Environment("PROCESS")
oEnv("SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS") = 1
oShell.Run "setup.exe /S",0,True
4. NOTE: In the 4th line of the code above, you would need to replace setup.exe /S with the name of the exe you are installing and the switch you want to use for that exe. Save the file when done.
5. In BDD2007, I imported the application and used the Quiet Install Command for the application of: INSTALL.vbs
6. Tested fine for me.