Re: xw9400 workstation (104 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

xw9400 workstation

[ Edited ]

Just bought a brand new xw9400 workstation. Installed Windows XP PRO on it. I keep getting the message like "Monitor going into sleep" and no image on the screen even with mouse/keyboard click or so that I can't work with the machine and it's so irritating.
Does this seem to be related to graphic card or driver or other hardware problem? I have already checked the power option.

P.S. this thread has been moved from Windows based to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series - HP Forums moderator

Esteemed Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: xw9400 workstation

First thing to try is reseating the monitor data cable. Use the VGA one.
If that does not work, then try a different monitor.
There does seem to be issues with the NVidia graphics card in that machine. You may have to go to the Video card manufacturer and download a driver for your machine. Here is a link to the page about your machine with some info about the Video card and its issues.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SupportTaskIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodT...
---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.