xw6200 workstation getting five red lights at startup with beeps (2834 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ODIN Warehouse
Message 1 of 4 (2,834 Views)

xw6200 workstation getting five red lights at startup with beeps

system won't boot up. Gets five red lights with beeps over and over. I have re-seated the memory and tried using 1 of each of the 4 512mb memorys in the nr. 1 slot.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ray thomas
Message 2 of 4 (2,834 Views)

Re: xw6200 workstation getting five red lights at startup with beeps

I have the same problem, any idear on the fix.
I have changed the ram, checked Pwr Sup and reseated the processors.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Chris Strutt
Message 3 of 4 (2,834 Views)

Hello All,

I had the same issue on an old XW6200 and i have seen this on other workstations i.e. XW6400 and XW6600. Remove the graphics card and install another known working graphics card.

This resolved my problems, basically if the memory on the graphics card is faulty the workstation will act in the same manner as if there was an issue with the main system board memory modules i.e. beep 5 times along with the flashing red led (power led on front of the workstation).

hope this helps.
regards
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jonathan Rogers
Message 4 of 4 (2,834 Views)

If the system continues to give the pre-video memory error POST code with all of the installed modules regardless of configuration, it is also possible that you have a bad motherboard. This is replaceable under warranty if you still have warranty coverage for the machine.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation