Re: xw460 Workstation Blade (495 Views)
Regular Advisor
William E Howard
Message 1 of 2 (495 Views)

xw460 Workstation Blade

[ Edited ]

I am trying to install Win XP Blade edition on my xw460 Blade Workstation, and it refuses to take the driver disk for the Smart Array card.

None of my machines that have Floppys are running Linux, so I am unable to create an img file (I tried the Windows DD command, but it keeps making blank .img files)

Whenever I go thru the iLO, and use the Virtual Media to connect to the A: drive, the Windows install keeps coming back and saying "please insert Manfaucturer driver disk into A:" or something along those lines, although it does not seem to ever try and even access the drive.

Has anyone run into an issue similar to this before?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series. - Hp forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
William E Howard
Message 2 of 2 (495 Views)

Re: xw460 Workstation Blade

I ended up having to use a USB Floppy Drive. The Virtual Floppy pointed at an img file refused to work correctly on this.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation