drivers (129 Views)
Occasional Visitor
KeithWagner62
Message 1 of 2 (129 Views)

drivers

got a computer from work a EVO D51S. was wiped etc at work. formatted etc got running. wife needed a computer and only wants to run win98 also win 98 compatable with her digital camera not past win98. in device mgr says that drivers for
pci ethernet controller not installed
pci multimedia audio device not installed
pci universal serial bus not installed.
they are not on the win98 dist apparently as i tried to re-install driver option and says not found. went to the compaq site and only see drivers for win 2000. where can i go to get the drivers to get this running completely. also will i be able to use the ethernet card to go online through my router when all is said and done?
any help is greatly appreciated
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 2 (129 Views)

Re: drivers

The drivers are here for Win 98. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=97130&pr... You can probably by the full sytem restore disks from HP at this number 1-800-952-7689 I have seen some of the XP disks come with the drivers and some that didn't. There have been some web pages that haven't been avaiable lately
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.