cd-rw/dvd-rom drive (667 Views)
Occasional Visitor
frankalamia
Message 1 of 4 (667 Views)

cd-rw/dvd-rom drive

Wondering if anyone know how to connect the an HP CD-RW/DVD-ROM DRIVE(model # DH-48c2s-ct2) to the mother board? What connection do I use on the mother board? what what cables do I use?

Thanks

Frank

HP Pro
JohnL
Message 2 of 4 (662 Views)

Re: cd-rw/dvd-rom drive

The interface seems to be SATA. You can use a standard SATA cable as same as the one used in SATA HDDs and attach between the drive and any SAT port of mainboard.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own. Please click the "Accept As Solution" button if the answers solve your problem.
Occasional Visitor
frankalamia
Message 3 of 4 (581 Views)

does it matter which sata port on the main board.  I know there are 4 port Sata 0-3.

Esteemed Contributor
Scott D. Harrison
Message 4 of 4 (572 Views)

Attached is a HP PDF document on the order of attachment.  I think the main thing is to get the system boot drive on SATA port 0 ,and fill sequential SATA devices as stated in the document......

Why they would advise to sequentially fill SATA port 0 - 1- 3- 2 is a mystery to me.

See "Recommended Order of Connecting SATA Drives" in there.

Those P numbers are silkscreened on my xw6400 motherboards, if you get out the high-mag reading glasses.  The motherboard SATA port plastic color of 0 is blue, and dark brown/black for the xw6400 for all of the rest.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.