Re: Z800 Raid 1 WinXp64 B.S.O.D (207 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tyler E.
Message 1 of 3 (207 Views)

Z800 Raid 1 WinXp64 B.S.O.D

[ Edited ]

I have a new Z800 with 12 gigs of ram that I am trying to load WinXP 64 bit onto, however I BSOD after it has done the hardware check and says "setup is starting windows." I do not get to see the partition window or anything after that other than a BSOD. I cleared all paritions, tried with paritions etc. Same issue.... I have disabled PXE, tried changing it from RAID+AHCI to IDE which works on other hp desktops, however still nothing.

I have called HP support twice and received two technicians who clearly didn't to touch this.

I know XP64 can be installed on the Z800 with Raid as it was an option to have preloaded. I also found a thread with soemone who had it loaded on a Z800 with raid, but have yet to hear back from him.

Anyone with advise of what BIOS settings should be etc would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series. - Hp Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Alan_152
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: Z800 Raid 1 WinXp64 B.S.O.D

Try toggling the ACPI settings in BIOS.
Occasional Visitor
Tyler E.
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: Z800 Raid 1 WinXp64 B.S.O.D

I actually tried your suggestion earlier, however it did not end up resolving the issue.

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:

Load RAID controller drivers onto a Floppy drive. ( USB floppy drives work ) My raid controllers are ICH10R/DO.

Boot from the CD, pressing F6 to load additional RAID drivers. At the menu, press "S" to select what drivers you want to load. The floppy drive is read and a list of available drivers on the floppy appear. ENSURE YOU SELECT ICH10R/DO for SATA/RAID CONTROLLER.

*If you just select ICH10R/DO driver from the list, it will not work! It HAS to be for SATA/RAID Controller.

I contacted HP support twice regarding this issue and both reps has no idea. The second rep after explaining my problem said "sorry... you are doing something that is not 'standard' for the Z800."

Hope this thread helps someone in the future. :) Maybe HP support will make a KB doc. out of this thread for future use!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.