Re: Z800 IRQ Conflict with Onboard LSI SAS controller when installing PCI SAS Raid Card (571 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pkorvrer
Message 1 of 4 (1,923 Views)

Z800 IRQ Conflict with Onboard LSI SAS controller when installing PCI SAS Raid Card

Michael Chapman and others seem to be having a similar problem.  

I was attempting to install my new Areca ARC-1880x PCI SAS Raid Card into an HP Z800 running Suse Linux 10. I was able download the correct drivers from ARECA's site and install them on the system.  The driver matched the Linux Kernel (2.6.16.21-0.8-smp) running on my system exactly.
Every time I boot up I get the following error message:
110-Out of memory space for option ROMs.
The option ROM for the following device was unable to run due to memory constraints.  If you choose to continue, one or more PCI devices may not work properly.    bus/dev/fcn: 42h/00h/00h
This message comes right after successful boot of the LSI SAS controller that is embedded in the Motherboard (LSILogic SAS1068E-IR)
If I go into the BIOS setup menu and disable the SAS controller (ie. select "device hidden") then the Areca card boots properly without conflict or error message.  The only problem with this is that I need also need the LSI SAS controller to work as well.
Upon further investigation in both the LSI and ARCA BIOS Configs I found out that they are both being set to IRQ3.  I'm assuming this is the cause of the problem.  
What can be done to fix this?  Is there a way to tell Z800 motherboard to change the IRQ on the Areca so it won't conflict?  I looked all over the BIOS Setup menus and couldn't find any way to change IRQ settings other than the legacy COM and CD ports.
BTW based on a recent post it appears Michael Chapman is having this exact same issue with a different PCI Raid card.
-Paul

Occasional Visitor
Michael2012
Message 2 of 4 (781 Views)

Re: Z800 IRQ Conflict with Onboard LSI SAS controller when installing PCI SAS Raid Card

FYI:

Had similar error show up after enlisting INTEL C600 RAID for Z420 with two drives in SATA ports 3-4 (R->L) on edge connector of MB.

I also have two ATI v7900 cards & running mostly Beta Win 8 64bit drivers - (thanks HP for keeping up). Removed PXE boot and 110 error was gone. Otherwise this Server 2012 (MSDN) is running smoothly. Now if HP can just get up to date with Windows 8 64 bit drivers! (Jan. 2013 already)

Hope this helps..

Occasional Visitor
Contrafuerte
Message 3 of 4 (573 Views)

Re: Z800 IRQ Conflict with Onboard LSI SAS controller when installing PCI SAS Raid Card

I have the same problem with a ATTO FC 41es

Occasional Visitor
Contrafuerte
Message 4 of 4 (571 Views)

The  BIOS of your card must be disabled.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.