Z600 Downgrade to XP 64-bit (238 Views)
Occasional Visitor
old_rebel
Message 1 of 4 (238 Views)

Z600 Downgrade to XP 64-bit

We purchase a Z600 workstation that came with Windows 7.  We need to downgrad to XP 64-bit so we ordered and received the XP 64 bit media kits. 

The XP 64 installed properly without asking for the product key.  Now we need to create another partition and I tried installing XP 64-bit on the second partition but it's asking for the Windows Product Key this time which I don't have. 

Can someone help with this?  I'm kinda stuck on what I need to do.  Where do I get this key?  I contacted HP Support and they redirected me to Microsoft.  I contacted Microsoft but they said to use any product key for a Windows XP that I currently have, which none of them work. 

Appreciate the help, thanks in advance?

HP Pro
JohnL
Message 2 of 4 (236 Views)

Re: Z600 Downgrade to XP 64-bit

Unfortunately OEM (HP or other companies)’s license to provide Windows XP Pro downgrade media ended on July 31, 2011. This means that HP or any other OEM vendors are no longer allowed to facilitate a downgrade to Windows XP Pro by providing downgrade media or customized images on systems manufactured after July 31, 2011.

If you have already got the HP Restore Plus CD, it's not supposed to ask for the product key. During the installation, you can have a few choices for the partitions.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own. Please click the "Accept As Solution" button if the answers solve your problem.
Occasional Visitor
old_rebel
Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

Is there a way I can modified the HP Restore CD Plus to allow me to choose which partition to install windows? 

HP Pro
JohnL
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no way.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own. Please click the "Accept As Solution" button if the answers solve your problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.