12-23-2010 11:29 AM - last edited on 01-27-2014 08:24 PM by maikoro
I'm having issues deploying my XP WIM image to HP Z400 workstations. I'm new to OSD so this may be a clue :).
Here is what I have done to date...
1) Using a VMware Virtual Machine, I've created and captured the reference computer using bootable media
2) I've tested deploying my XP WIM using a Task Sequence to a different VMware VM with no issues
3) I've loaded what I thought were the mass storage/network drivers to the boot images and updated the DP's
4) I've created a driver package for the HP Z400's
5) I've tried to load the XP WIM using the same Task Sequence to a HP Z400 workstation, but it won't work. I appears as if it is running the TS as I see "Applying Operating System" and "Applying Device Drivers". It runs through all its processes and restarts. When it tries to restart it comes up to the screen where Windows wasn't shutdown properly and wants to know if windows should start normally, safe mode, safe mode with command prompt (see attachment).
Safe mode won't even start. I tried changing the BIOS to IDE mode instead of the default SATA mode, but still no luck. How do I go about troubleshooting this?
P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series. - Hp Forum Moderator
02-24-2014 04:51 AM
Even though this is a 4 year old issue we have just encountered exactly the same fault when restart after deploying the driver package in the task sequence.
This is in SCCM2012.
I've tried new driver package, swapping the HD with SSD but no result. Next step will be creating a new image.
Did you ever found a solution?