Windows 7 and XW4300 (804 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ed Stuckey
Message 1 of 5 (804 Views)

Windows 7 and XW4300

Is Windows 7 compatible with XW4300? I cannot find windows 7 drivers.

Ed Stuckey
Advisor
nameless
Message 2 of 5 (804 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and XW4300

windows has an upgrade adviser that will tell you if your computer is compatible here is the link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1B544E90-7659-4BD9-9E51-2497C146AF15&displa...
Occasional Visitor
Michele Isernia
Message 3 of 5 (804 Views)

The suggested tool never ends, so no report on this.
How difficult is it to show a list of what is supported and not?
Only main questions would be:
1) graphics cards
2) RAID controller and capabilities
Occasional Visitor
bwynn
Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

I had the same problem. I installed Windows 7 and after installation I checked the Device Manager under the control panel system. I saw that the USB hub was fine so I installed a USB WIFI adapter and was able to connect to the internet over my local network. I then went to the Control panel and activated the UPDATE for Windows 7. When connected to the UPDATE site select the custom option. It will take a while but 158 updates were found. Hardware, software and security files were selected and after several hours, all the updates were installed. I then checked the Device manager again and all hardware drivers were installed except the Realtech audio driver. It seems that Windows 7 will automatically install the drivers for Broadcom, ATI, Nvidia etc. After that I went to Realtech and installed the audio driver. All was well and everything functioned as intended.

Bill

Esteemed Contributor
Scott D. Harrison
Message 5 of 5 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]

Another tip is that many of the SoftPak universal installers from later workstations will install proper drivers for the same or earlier versions of the hardware provided by OEM suppliers to HP.

For example, I have used installers from the Z600 or even the Z620 HP driver download sites on my xw6400 W7Pro64 installs.  I do the clean install from the Microsoft OEM (system builder) DVD, and then update thereafter with the SoftPaks gathered from the later workstation's download listings under the W7Pro 64 operating system section.

I first look in the listing of installed programs via the control panel and uninstall anything with RealTek or Broadcom so there will not be conflicts.  Then I install from the SP.  The universal installers look at the hardware present and pick automatically the correct components.  You may have to launch them from their .exe withing the unpacked SP that will be in SWSETUP folder on root C after you fired the SP up from your desktop.

This is part of how I got Windows 8.1.1 Pro working so well on my xw6400 testbed.... got installers from those later workstations under their 8.1 driver section.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.