Remote Shadow for Thin clients (219 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sebastien Ouellet
Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remote Shadow for Thin clients

I would like to know the default password assigned for the Remote Shadow application that we can install on EVO-T30 Thin clients.

I know I can change this password but I need to be in front of the T30 and I usually don't.

So I have to know what is the default password when I push the softpak to the client.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor
Ty1
Message 2 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Remote Shadow for Thin clients

Hi Sebastien,

This is the official method for using VNC,

The password is set on the client, in the bottom right hand corner of the start bar (near to the clock) there is an icon for VNC, double click on this and the VNC properties dialogue box opens.
You can set whatever password you want in the password field. Press apply and then ok.
On the server, go to the Rapport directory, double click on the file vncviewer.exe, you will be prompted for the name/address of the client, click ok, you will now be prompted for the password, enter the password, as set above, click ok, you should see the client desktop after a few seconds.

The reason that the host machine has to set the password, is down to privacy laws, and prevents secret shadowing of clients.

That been said, I have heard that using 'password' works!

Regards

Ty
Although I am an HP Employee, all views expressed are my own and are not on behalf of HP

Regards
Ty
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Sebastien Ouellet
Message 3 of 3 (219 Views)

Re: Remote Shadow for Thin clients

Thank you very much!

The password 'password' is exactly what I wanted to know.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation