Re: Memory problems with Z400 (719 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Z400 memory
Message 1 of 4 (1,718 Views)

Memory problems with Z400

209 - memory warning condition (Warm_mem_test) detected slot CPU0 DIMM2
203 - Memory Module failed self-test and failing rank was disabled slot CPU0 DIMM2
927 - Fatal error on DIMM in slot CPU0 DIMM2 ecc error read operation
Occasional Visitor
swhiteindiana
Message 2 of 4 (724 Views)

Re: Memory problems with Z400

209 - Memory warning condition (WARN_MEM_TEST) detected slot CPU0 DIMM4
203 - Memory Module failed self-test and failing rank was disabled slot CPU0 DIMM4

I have had this problem for a long time.  HP quickly sent me a new CPU, which I installed, but which did not solved the problem.  If I take the DIMM out, it disables the mate to it and so I've lost the pair of DIMMs.  If I leave it in I have to get through these BIOS warnings every time I need to reboot.  An inconvenience that I've lived with, but I'd like to fix it before I start on a new project.

AFAIK, there is nothing wrong with the DIMM in the slot.  When I change them around I get the same message on slot 4. 

I have read somehere on these boards that there were some Z400s with faulty motherboards.  Is that true? 

I don't recall where on the website I got the help, but it would be nice to find it again.  My warranty is still in force.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Steve

Occasional Visitor
swhiteindiana
Message 3 of 4 (722 Views)

Nevermind...

I found the place to post my problem with info...

HP Pro
Dan_in_WGBU
Message 4 of 4 (719 Views)

swhiteindiana, out of curiosity, where did you post the problem? 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" button if the answers solve your problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.