HP ProtectTools CD for XW4400 (845 Views)
顧問
Cody Chen
Message 1 of 3 (845 Views)

HP ProtectTools CD for XW4400

Hi ~

We would like to use the TPM under XW4400 with Vista X64 business version but it ask me to insert "HP ProtectTools CD" when I install the s/w (mbedded Security for HP ProtectTools) ?
Does anyone know where to download this CD ?

Thanks !
The dessription for install this s/w as following:
Q
This package contains the HP ProtectTools Embedded Security Module 1.2 for the
listed desktop and workstation models and operating systems.

The HP ProtectTools Embedded Security Solution Software is a 1.2 trusted
platform module (TPM) software security solution for PCs.

NOTE: For all supported systems except the HP Compaq dc7700 Series PCs, you
must insert a valid HP ProtectTools CD in order to install this update.

Type: Software - Security
Version: 5.0-03.00.1135.01 Rev. D (22 Mar 2007)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP Professional
File name: sp34827.exe (85 MB)

Uq
Frequent Advisor
dcolpitts
Message 2 of 3 (845 Views)

Re: HP ProtectTools CD for XW4400

Good luck... The only way I got the CD was when I purchased the finger print reader for my 4400. The problem I have is that I can't find the x64 TPM driver (btpmwx64.sys). It is not included in SP35460 as it suppose to be.

I don't know the legal-ness of this, but if you extract SP34827, and run the individual setup.exe files found in the subfolders, you should be able to accomplish the installation manually.
Occasional Visitor
alex crane
Message 3 of 3 (845 Views)

Re: HP ProtectTools CD for XW4400

If you take any of the applications you want to install that checks for CDs etc, you can see that the installation files (once expanded) have a batch file that runs that is easily circumvented to show what needs to run and in which order, once it is "validated". Just run these files manually to complete an installation without the missing CD.

al.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.