Creating or obtaining Windows 7 Pro 64-bit recovery media for Z400 Workstation (1363 Views)
Occasional Visitor
WpgTriniman
Message 1 of 4 (1,363 Views)

Creating or obtaining Windows 7 Pro 64-bit recovery media for Z400 Workstation

I have some new Z400 Workstations.  They didn't ship with Windows recovery media, unlike my other HP systems at work.

How do I go about creating or obtaining Windows 7 Pro 4-bit recovery media for the Z400 Workstation?

Occasional Advisor
Swankyweb
Message 2 of 4 (1,347 Views)

Re: Creating or obtaining Windows 7 Pro 64-bit recovery media for Z400 Workstation

Hi,

Do they already have the OS pre installed? If you cannot get hold of the media create a ghost image of the machines so in the future when you need to reinstall the OS you have the full system including driver etc..

Thanks,

Chris

Swankyweb.co.uk

Website Designer Hull

Occasional Visitor
WpgTriniman
Message 3 of 4 (1,340 Views)

Re: Creating or obtaining Windows 7 Pro 64-bit recovery media for Z400 Workstation

Yes, the OS is pre-installed.  We realize that we may have to make a ghost image.

I would still like a straight answer from HP about this.  The confusion for me is due to the fact that my other HP computers, dc8000 CMTs, all shipped with a set of recovery DVDs.  These systems arrived last summer.

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 4 (1,332 Views)

Hi;

I would contact HP support for the country you live in at the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If they have a number for business PC's call that number and request a set of recovery disks for your workstation.  I would provide a couple serial numbers and order a couple sets so you have more than one.

You will need to provide the model # and serial number. Since you just got them you may not be charged. If they are not in warranty you only pay $10 USD anyway, so there is not a lot of cost involved.

Paul

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.