Re: Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler (104 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Stephen Wallis
Message 1 of 3 (104 Views)

Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

[ Edited ]

Hi, Do I risk causing damage to my XW4200 HP Workstation by fitting an additional extractor fan to keep it cooler inside? Occasionally, when working in a complex document, the system fan accelerates to extract excessive heat from the PC, and I've had remarks from co-workers about this "rocket" taking off in my PC (it's a bit disturbing). If I was to remove the metal blanks that cover the PCI board slots, and fit an extra continuously operating fan on the inside/outside it would vent air out through the slots and perhaps keep the PC cooler. Do I risk damaging the PC ?
Thanks - Steve.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series. - HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

This isn't a hard thing to deal with, try one of these ! They have more powerfull ones, if you do a little hunting on the web, but their also a little louder. This method is also reccomended by HP for extra cooling.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0208848
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Stephen Wallis
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

Thanks very much..look just what I need.
Steve
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation