Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler (192 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Stephen Wallis
Message 1 of 3 (192 Views)

Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

[ Edited ]

Hi, Do I risk causing damage to my XW4200 HP Workstation by fitting an additional extractor fan to keep it cooler inside? Occasionally, when working in a complex document, the system fan accelerates to extract excessive heat from the PC, and I've had remarks from co-workers about this "rocket" taking off in my PC (it's a bit disturbing). If I was to remove the metal blanks that cover the PCI board slots, and fit an extra continuously operating fan on the inside/outside it would vent air out through the slots and perhaps keep the PC cooler. Do I risk damaging the PC ?
Thanks - Steve.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series. - HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

This isn't a hard thing to deal with, try one of these ! They have more powerfull ones, if you do a little hunting on the web, but their also a little louder. This method is also reccomended by HP for extra cooling.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0208848
Occasional Visitor
Stephen Wallis
Message 3 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: Additional extractor fan to keep XW4200 cooler

Thanks very much..look just what I need.
Steve
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.