515 - Power Supply fan not dectected (6774 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HelpRuben
Message 1 of 5 (6,774 Views)

515 - Power Supply fan not dectected

Hello,

I am working on a computer that is giving me a error saying "515 - Power supply fan not dectected" is there anything I can do? can I get pass this? This all started when I was getting a error with 4 beeps with a orange light  so we replaced the power supply and started getting this error. So We put in the old power supply and the problem went away! including the beeps! but then the computer shut down! now the last tech to work on this put in the new power supply which is giving me a "515" error and order a motherboard. I don't think the motherboard will solve the problem? but I might be wrong? does anyone ever ran into a problem like this? could the problem be motherboard after all? Let me know if anyone has ran into this problem before?

Thank You

Ruben

Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 2 of 5 (6,773 Views)

Re: 515 - Power Supply fan not dectected

Which model of computer is this about?

Rainald

Occasional Visitor
HelpRuben
Message 3 of 5 (6,771 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

It is on a HP Compaq 6005 PRO Small Factor, I hope this helps out? these are new workstations that we just install a couple of days ago.

Thank You

Ruben

Occasional Visitor
HelpRuben
Message 4 of 5 (6,749 Views)

Hello,

I just got back from replacing the motherboard on the HP Compaq 6005 Pro and it didn't help out at all.  I have also call tech support from our company to see if they had anything on this problem? They said the same thing! replaced the power supply but this will be the second one! does anyone have a idea what might be causing this problem? any help will do!

Thank You

Ruben

Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 5 of 5 (6,653 Views)

I would make sure that you have good surge suppression on the power line if you are losing power supplies

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.