Re: xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro (133 Views)
Occasional Contributor
BrechtKor
Message 1 of 3 (183 Views)

xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

Hello,

In the citrix console, all the clients have the same name as the client I imaged.
The client names show correctly in HP device manager and in an SSH session. I changed the name using HPDM.

File /etc/hostname shows the right name.

File /etc/hosts had a duplicate entry for the device IP: one entry with the correct name, one entry with the old name. I deleted the old record and rebooted but the old client name is still advertised in citrix (the duplicate record in hosts has not returned).

Where else besides /etc/hosts can I look?

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
BrechtKor
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

I was able to "fix" it by starting wfica with the "-clientname $(hostname)" option. Now xenapp reports the right client name.

regards,

Brecht.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
tanelorn26
Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: xenapp reports same client name for all clients, T610 thinpro

Hi,

I fix that by pushing a job. 

note that we set the asset tag in the bios, and I have a job that sets the hostname using the bios asset tag field. 

To do the wfclient.ini change as part of my device config sequence, I send a job with this command.

sed -i.bak "s/ClientName=.*/ClientName=$(hostname)/" /writable/home/user/.ICAClient/wfclient.ini

I guess either way will work.

Kind regards.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation