t610 Linux Dual Monitor Issue. (469 Views)
Occasional Contributor
BrittTZIns
Message 1 of 3 (469 Views)

t610 Linux Dual Monitor Issue.

[ Edited ]

We are using the Linux based t610's to connect to a Windows Server 2K8 R2 TS using RDP. The dual monitors are not showing up on the server as being two separate monitors but as one double wide monitor. This means that all windows open spread centered arcoss both monitors. Maximizing windows stretches out across monitors, The initial usage policy acceptance screen on initial log in to the server is split between the two as is the "OK" button, etc. This is extremely distracting for our agents.

We have tried installing the updated drivers from AMD and even though the .run file passes the MD5 check, it still gets to the end and returns "Extraction failed". We have downloaded them 3 separate times and gotten the same results. We have tried manually setting the resolution for the monitors as this resolved the same issue on older models. Still no luck.

We have installed all of the HP Updates. We are running the HP RDP version 2.5 and image build 4.3

If anyone has a solution for this it would be much appreciated.

Occasional Advisor
BplusCPepijn
Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: t610 Linux Dual Monitor Issue.

we are experiencing the same issue. The guy on the bottom of this thread has a solution, though we've not tried it yet:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Workstations-Thin-Clients/T5735-ThinPro-how-i-can-to-have-Dual-Monitor-...

Occasional Contributor
BrittTZIns
Message 3 of 3 (433 Views)

Re: t610 Linux Dual Monitor Issue.

I tried the method in that thread. It is for moving your session over to a second monitor. So you end up with one thin client desktop on one monitor and one RDP desktop on the other. I need both of the monitors to be RDP desktop, but treated as 2 separate monitors. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.