t5740 dual monitors (1518 Views)
Advisor
JennianMark
Message 1 of 7 (1,518 Views)

t5740 dual monitors

Hi

I have a t5740 WES Atom N280 thin client.  I have purchased the adapter so I can run dual monitors.  It works fine on the thin client itself, in clone mode or extended mode through the display properties of the thin client.  I want dual monitors to be pulled through when I try and connect to a Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC, it pulls through both monitors if the thin client is set to clone desktops, but on the thin client if its on extended screens whcih I need, it only pulls through one monitor over the remote connection, the RDP client on the thin client supports 7.0 etc, I have also ticked use all my monitors, edited RDP with notepad to add the multimon command and tried to use mstsc /multimon etc.  Any help would be great?

Thanks

Mark

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
vgernyc
Message 2 of 7 (1,511 Views)

Re: t5740 dual monitors

[ Edited ]

Apparently you need Remote Desktop Connection 6.0 client or later for multiple monitors support.

The t5740 only comes with the Remote Desktop Connection 5.1 client.

However you imply that you already have installed yourself the RDC 7.0 client for XP.  Am I wrong?

If you have not, you can install the Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 client for XP.  It will also install on Windows Embedded Standard 2009 or XPE Sp3.  Just temporarily set your temp directory to C:\temp instead of Z:\Temp so the install does not fail or make your ram drive larger.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969084

Did you see if HP added some setting in the thin client to force RDP multi monitor support off?

A long shot but you can try installing updated Intel GL40 display drivers

Intel GL40 XP drivers

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JennianMark
Message 3 of 7 (1,507 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I should have put this info on the last post.  It is running the latest verson of RDP.

I can dual monitor to a terminal server, 2008R2, works fine.  But trying the same thing to a Windows 7 Pro workstation is where dual monitors don't get pulled through for some reason.

Thanks

Mark

Please use plain text.
Advisor
JennianMark
Message 4 of 7 (1,502 Views)

I have just found, hopefully someone might know of a way to edit the registry or has a fix, but Windows Ultimate and Enterprise are the only versions of Windows 7 that will accept Multimon if hosting the RDP session.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
vgernyc
Message 5 of 7 (1,487 Views)

There seems to be a Group Policy object that controls the multiple monitor feature.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2009/07/01/using-multiple-monitors-in-remote-desktop-session.asp...

This blog talks about it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sealtest35
Message 6 of 7 (1,173 Views)

If I may, what is the model of the adapter you are using for the t5740 and dual monitors?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Jweinberg
Message 7 of 7 (1,161 Views)

We use this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158211

I'm not the OP.

OP: You might also be able to upgrade the version of RDP your image has using DISM.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation