t5735 power issues (63 Views)
Occasional Visitor
PaulTootill
Message 1 of 2 (63 Views)

t5735 power issues

I have a large base of t5735 and t5745 thin clients and am beginning to see, among the 5735s, failures where the unit loses all video and, during investigation by a tech, will not power off using the power button. Removing the power feed does power it off (Obviously) but reconnecting the power lights power LEDs right away and still no video. I suspect a BIOS corruption but don't know how to confirm this. Can anybody help?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jeff Orrok
Message 2 of 2 (24 Views)

Re: t5735 power issues

Hello, I just encountered this issue today.  I have a T5735 that had been on for a very long time, and today I wanted to move it, so I went to Desktop > Shutdown and it seemed to shutdown cleanly.  Now that I've moved it, it is not booting.  The power LED comes on as soon as the power is plugged in, but no POST (monitor's LED stays in "sleep mode" color, but I'm not getting any beeps indicating bad video from the unit).  I have tried holding in the power/standby switch for several seconds, but that has no effect (LED stays on).  I have tried re-seating all of the cables (keyboard, mouse, video) and have tried just the DVI and then just the VGA.

What can I do?  The warranty is long-gone, and I've done embedded systems development in my past life, so I'm not afraid of opening the unit up and poking around if that will restore functionality.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation