[t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem! (3556 Views)
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 1 of 9 (3,556 Views)

[t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem!

dear all,

Having major trouble getting the thin client imaging tool to format my USB stick and copy the image.

When I run the utility, I am getting "An unexpected error occurred while writing to the USB flash device"

Now I have tried 3 different flash drives (all 4 or 8GB) and have tried running this tool on both Vista and XP. I have admin rights. I have tried re-downloading the packages both at home and work incase one of the connections was corrupting the package somehow

I am trying to download D6ST0013.

I have read I can "take" an image of my current thin client but I need the newer image provided by HP (the image I am trying to copy to USB!) because of possible video driver issues.

I have also tried re-downloading my current build (D6ST0008) and that has the same problem

Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for your help
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Rong
Message 2 of 9 (3,556 Views)

Re: [t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem!

I believe the tool might not be able to handle a USB drive larer than 4GB or not compatible with your USB drive. My suggestion is to try the a smaller version 2GB..
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 3 of 9 (3,556 Views)

Hi Rong, thanks for your help - but I have used these USB sticks before to carry out this same task using the HP USB utility and they have worked fine?? Nonetheless I will try a completely different 2GB stick when I get into work on monday..

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 4 of 9 (3,556 Views)

Ok. I've borrowed a 1GB and 2GB stick from a friend to try. Quel suprise - I still have this issue >:-(

Im really getting annoyed at this now - surely there must be a problem with the HP package and that all (several) of my sticks (different sizes/brands) can't all be incompatible!!

Anyone got a known working SP39737 I could have pretty please? :)

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dave Rhodes
Message 5 of 9 (3,556 Views)

I'm having the same problem, tried 2 sticks now with the same error. Did you manage to get it working?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 6 of 9 (3,556 Views)

Hi Dave, no - I didnt. Im plodding on using my existing image for now but will need to download the newer image at some point!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 7 of 9 (3,556 Views)

Ive just downloaded the 1GB version from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=3634730&...

Looks like it's been updated but at least this one works

Not sure about the 512 version as that doesnt seem to have been updated.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Windza
Message 8 of 9 (3,556 Views)

For anyone else having this issue, I was able to resolve the very same problem by choosing a different compatibility mode (Windows 2000) when running the .exe file under Windows 7.
Formatted perfectly without any problem once doing so...
Best of luck!
Please use plain text.
Visitor
dstones
Message 9 of 9 (831 Views)

Thanks for the tip Windza! Changing the package to run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode worked for me on Windows XP as well.

PS. I was using the package specifically for ThinPro Image for a t610.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation