Re: [t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem! (1620 Views)
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 1 of 9 (4,345 Views)

[t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem!

dear all,

Having major trouble getting the thin client imaging tool to format my USB stick and copy the image.

When I run the utility, I am getting "An unexpected error occurred while writing to the USB flash device"

Now I have tried 3 different flash drives (all 4 or 8GB) and have tried running this tool on both Vista and XP. I have admin rights. I have tried re-downloading the packages both at home and work incase one of the connections was corrupting the package somehow

I am trying to download D6ST0013.

I have read I can "take" an image of my current thin client but I need the newer image provided by HP (the image I am trying to copy to USB!) because of possible video driver issues.

I have also tried re-downloading my current build (D6ST0008) and that has the same problem

Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you for your help
HP Pro
Rong
Message 2 of 9 (4,345 Views)

Re: [t5735] Thin Client imaging tool - USB format problem!

I believe the tool might not be able to handle a USB drive larer than 4GB or not compatible with your USB drive. My suggestion is to try the a smaller version 2GB..
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 3 of 9 (4,345 Views)

Hi Rong, thanks for your help - but I have used these USB sticks before to carry out this same task using the HP USB utility and they have worked fine?? Nonetheless I will try a completely different 2GB stick when I get into work on monday..

Thanks
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 4 of 9 (4,345 Views)

Ok. I've borrowed a 1GB and 2GB stick from a friend to try. Quel suprise - I still have this issue >:-(

Im really getting annoyed at this now - surely there must be a problem with the HP package and that all (several) of my sticks (different sizes/brands) can't all be incompatible!!

Anyone got a known working SP39737 I could have pretty please? :)

Occasional Visitor
Dave Rhodes
Message 5 of 9 (4,345 Views)

I'm having the same problem, tried 2 sticks now with the same error. Did you manage to get it working?
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 6 of 9 (4,345 Views)

Hi Dave, no - I didnt. Im plodding on using my existing image for now but will need to download the newer image at some point!
Advisor
stevenb_1
Message 7 of 9 (4,345 Views)

Ive just downloaded the 1GB version from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=3634730&...

Looks like it's been updated but at least this one works

Not sure about the 512 version as that doesnt seem to have been updated.
Occasional Visitor
Windza
Message 8 of 9 (4,345 Views)

For anyone else having this issue, I was able to resolve the very same problem by choosing a different compatibility mode (Windows 2000) when running the .exe file under Windows 7.
Formatted perfectly without any problem once doing so...
Best of luck!
Visitor
dstones
Message 9 of 9 (1,620 Views)

Thanks for the tip Windza! Changing the package to run in Windows 2000 compatibility mode worked for me on Windows XP as well.

PS. I was using the package specifically for ThinPro Image for a t610.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.