Re: t5565z to Citrix Desktop - pushing HP desktop to background (774 Views)
Occasional Advisor
esmythe_1
Message 1 of 8 (838 Views)

t5565z to Citrix Desktop - pushing HP desktop to background

We've just implemented t5565z smart clients to connect to a XenApp published desktop.  When the user connects the session, only the Windows system tray and start button are visible.  The background is the HP XenDesktop wallpaper.  The user has to click on the lower-right 'Show Desktop' icon and then the published desktop is visible.

If we use other RDP sessions inside the published desktop, similar issues, the HP background keeps coming to foreground.  Are there settings to adjust this?  I can't find too many resources that speak to this.

Thank you,

-e

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scott_186
Message 2 of 8 (778 Views)

Re: t5565z to Citrix Desktop - pushing HP desktop to background

e, curious if you ever found a resolution to this?  I'm deploying the same clients here to a published desktop and seeing the exact same thing you are/were..

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
esmythe_1
Message 3 of 8 (776 Views)

Hi Scott,

No solution yet.  I opened a case with HP Tech support (case 4671526453) and they just closed it yesterday without even getting back to me!  My next attempt was to dive into the profile settings relating to the UI and see if I can delete the bitmap.

For XenApp published desktops I get this issue and for XenDesktop I get windowed sessions (not full-screen).  I am starting to feel like I'm in the minority because I haven't seen a single solution relating to this after weeks of lurking on this and the Citrix forums.

-e

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scott_186
Message 4 of 8 (774 Views)

That sucks. I like the boot up time of the zero client and the seamless would work fantastic for published desktops if it wasn't for this background issue. I just put an order in for the t5565 with the ThinPro OS instead of the t5565z Smart Client Service OS to see if that'll resolve the background deal..

I'll post back with the results, should have them by tomorrow. I just don't want to have to rely on reg hacks and what not for this to work properly.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Scott_186
Message 5 of 8 (762 Views)

e -- did a little more digging after my last post. The only difference between the t5565z and the t5565 is the OS (I'm new to this if you haven't realized that yet). Anyway, I went to HP and downloaded the ThinPro 4.1 image for these clients, reimaged the t5565z clients I ordered and put the ThinPro OS on there. After that, the ICA session is perfect.

I downloaded the HP Thin Pro image from link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4306249&... and did the USB flash. Took all of 10 minutes and it's all better.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
esmythe_1
Message 6 of 8 (746 Views)

Actually, I had a opportunity to work with these today and they're working fine. For some reason I was previously using the XML address of the Citrix server in the smart client setup. I corrected that by setting up new XenApp services site (PNAgent) and referencing that. Now it works great!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BijuAugustine
Message 7 of 8 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you please tell the steps taken to change the connection. I am having the same problem with T5565z (zero) client. Attached is the photo after login to XenApp 5.

Ta

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
esmythe_1
Message 8 of 8 (660 Views)

Hi Biju,

In our case, it was simply putting the correct value in the server field (the XenApp Services site). 

Example: server.domain.local/Citrix/PNAgent/config.xml

-e

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation