t5565z firefox configuration and smart client documentation. (366 Views)
Occasional Advisor
danny808
Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

t5565z firefox configuration and smart client documentation.

Hi everyone,

I am accessing a xenapp 6.5 web interface (v5.4) via a t5565z smart client, which I have installed the firefox add on onto using the smart client service.

I would like to lock down firefox so that only the web interface can be used so that our users can only browse the web within a citrix session. Or I would like to be able to centrally configure the firefox proxy setting. Can anyone help me with this please?

I am currently using the smart client service to configure the devices, and Im guessing I need to edit the registry to achieve this but Im not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Dan.

Occasional Advisor
danny808
Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

Re: t5565z firefox configuration and smart client documentation.

Ok, I have found that if you configure the smart profile software to get into x term, you can then get into regeditor, this gives you a mirrored copy of all the settings in profile manager but this includes the firefox application reg settings aswell.

This is useful because you can play around with these and then test the effects.

However, as the settings are saved under a temporary profile {...}, how do I update the registry to change the settings for the every user? I have tried entering the connection settings without a profile, with no success. Please see my screen shot to get a clearer idea of what I mean.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan.

Occasional Advisor
danny808
Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)

Re: t5565z firefox configuration and smart client documentation.

[ Edited ]

Ok, I have resolved this now.

The answer is to define the connection settings within a random profile guid {...}, then set the 'default connection' property within the 'connection manager' directory to point towards that profile, see attached file.

So I have now setup firefox to auto start, in full screen and open into our web interface, which works well and opens the WI in under a minute from boot up.

Still looking for how I can configure the device to power off once the user logs out of the published desktop, otherwise our users are going to be leaving the devices permanently powered on. I have looked in the registry for a way to get the machines to auto power down after a period of inactivity but have not found this yet. Im guessing that this could be achieved via device manager but need to look into it more.

Hope this info helps someone else.

Thanks,

Dan.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.