Re: t5540 in Term Server 2008 environment iphone usb charging (2070 Views)
Collector
jabr1319
Message 1 of 4 (2,568 Views)

t5540 in Term Server 2008 environment iphone usb chargning

We have a term farm environment setup with MSFT Server 2008 Ent and t5540 thin clients.  Users are plugging in their iphones to the thin clients and getting a pop-up about missing drivers.  If the pop-up is ignored and left on screen, the phone will charge.  If the pop-up is acknowledged and closed, the iphone will no longer charge. 

is anyone aware of an iphone driver that could be installed on the thin client or even terminal server that would remedy this?  We are trying to avoid installing itunes. 

Thanks in advance.

-Josh

Occasional Visitor
PotiPotato
Message 2 of 4 (2,419 Views)

Re: t5540 in Term Server 2008 environment iphone usb chargning

The following instructions will allow you to charge your iFone from your Thin Client:

1 - Download the latest version of iTunes

2 - Open the exe file using a zip program (7-Zip for example)

3 - Find the file "AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi" and extract it somewhere

4 - Open this msi file using the same zip program

5 - Find "AppleMobileDeviceSupport.cab" and extract this somewhere

6 - open/browse into this "directory".  In the root of this, you should see 4 files:

usbaapl.cat

usbaapl.inf

usbaapl.sys

usbaaplrc.dll

7 - extract these files somewhere

8 - On your thin client, log into the administrator account and unlock it (disable the write filter)

9 - After rebooting, log in again as administrator and copy the 4 files to a directory on the c: of the Thin Client

10 - Plug in your iFone and choose to look for the drivers

11 - point to the dir where you saved the 4 files and it should install the basic drivers for it.

12 - commit changes to the flash memory and lock it up

13 - you should now be able to charge the device and  (perhaps) manage it through your thin client app (e.g. View) if you install iTunes on your virtual desktop.

Hope it helps.

Occasional Visitor
ARTEFACT_FR
Message 3 of 4 (2,076 Views)

Re: t5540 in Term Server 2008 environment iphone usb charging

I all !

Thank you for this answer but on the end of the explanation I don't understand :

I also have T5540 running WINDOWS CE 6 but I don't really understand the way to add driver. When I plug the iphone a dialog box called UNIDENTIFIED USB DEVICE appear it contains this : "Enter the name of the driver for this USB device" and also "Driver name :" and a form probably for typing the driver name.

We are never asked to point a directory, but to type a driver name.

Can someone help me please to add iphone driver on T5540 running windows ce 6 ?

Thank you very much

Valued Contributor
Kite Runner
Message 4 of 4 (2,070 Views)

Re: t5540 in Term Server 2008 environment iphone usb charging

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.