Re: t5335z energystar os upd (149 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gizmus
Message 1 of 2 (174 Views)

t5335z energystar os upd

Can `t update the firmware, downloadable from heare, then format the flash and record the image, then turn off the power, insert Flash into the device, press and release the power, then quickly press it again, then the client about 10-15 seconds that it does, then I hear sound (at this point, as I understand t5335z to ask me what I want to do) and just load the standard form of the compound.

PS All USB-devices has been turned off, flash drives, 3 units, and tried all of the ports on the two t5335z. What I'm doing wrong?

HP Pro
todd_thinclient
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: t5335z energystar os upd

I would try another USB key.  Typically some of the large keys may have more trouble then smaller ones.   Also try the following two thigns:

1) Instead of hitting the power button just once quickly after the first press hit it a bunch of times.  The timing is tricky so this way you do not need to be precise.

2) Sometimes the base USB key load does not like certain monitor resolutions so it may have booted but you cannot see anything so wait until you see your USB key light stop flashing or say a full 60 seconds after the beep sound and just type yes on your keyboard and hit enter and see if there is any activity on the thin client.  It you start seeing the green light on  the thin client flash it is working and will take under 5 minutes to reload.  when it is done simply shut off the unit and remove USB key and reboot.

Also as an FYI in the next week there should be a new t5335z image posted it uses a new USB loader as well.

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.