Re: t410 Citrix setup (458 Views)
Occasional Advisor
nizu
Message 1 of 4 (514 Views)

t410 Citrix setup

Hello,

I'm testing with the t410 but could really use some assistance with configuring it to work with Citrix connections. Currently i have experiance with using many HP t5720s and t5740s with Citrix Program neighborhood and Citrix PS 4 connections. We have these clients locked down with the required ICA connections configured on the HP thin clients which can include multiple connections to one Citrix published application.

We have a relatively new XenApp farm which i can point the new t410 and citrix reciever to but this just automatically downloads one instance of each available published application in the new farm.

How can i configure this device so that...

1. only the published applications i want are available on the t410
  2. I can have multiple connections to one published application

I appreciate that this question may be bordering on a Citrix issue but i would imagine some of you here have the required skills to help me and hoped that this would be a good place to start.

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Andrew_S
Message 2 of 4 (477 Views)

Re: t410 Citrix setup

Hi Nizu,

The T410 is a Smart Zero client. In its usual configuration, it will connect to a Citrix PNAgent site, where the users credentials will be processed and a list of applications that the user has access to via group membership is returned back. this list of applications can and by default is displayed on the Smart Zero clients desktop. the list is completly governed by the users group membership.

If you only want certain apps you must setup approprite group memberships and published application properties.

From my work on this platrom, my recomendation for these devices is to publish a full Windows desktop. I recommend that the device be configured that after the user logs on, a Citrix Published desktop launches. The user can then launch applications from this published desktop instead of launching each individual application from the Smart Client desktop.

The best way to configure a T410 is by using the central management tool, HP Smart Client Services. This free tool can be easily installed and user to configure 1 to 1000+ thin client from a single Web Server.

Start with the admin guide which can be found at http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc... 

Or google for "HP Smart Zero Core Administrator's Guide" Current version is V4.3

Regards

Andrew S.

I work for HP.

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
nizu
Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks very much for your detailed reply.

The t410 that we are testing is connected to our Citrix farm ok.

When a user authenticates with their credentials they are presented all of the published applications and not just the ones that their account has permissions to access with Citrix. This list of applications doesn't appear to be being completely governed by the users group membership. I would have thought that the only permissions that are relevant are the users permissions to acccess citrix published applications? Is there some other permissions that i should be looking at?

I have already started looking at the HP Profile Editor application and HP Smart Client Services although i don't seem to be successful with this either. The t410 client is connecting to the Smart Zero server ok as its displaying a message that it has 'Retrieved update information from http://auto-update:18287' ok but then it says that there is no image found. I have checked the location of the updated image and everything is in the correct location that is specified in the IIS site.

Thanks again for any assistance.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Andrew_S
Message 4 of 4 (458 Views)

Hi,

I am really concerned when you say "they are presented all of the published applications and not just the ones that their account has permissions to access with Citrix".

I cannot believe this is a HP T410 issue. The T410 can only display the Citrix published applications returned to it. I believe you have a permissions issue in the Citrix farm. I really cannot go in to the way to set citrix application permissions here. It is a long conversation and I have to get work :)

Regarding the image, this is the full factory image that you download from the HP T410 Support and Drivers web site.

Current image file name is "Z6A43201.dd.gz" and it needs to be placed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Smart Client Service\auto-update\t410\Image" directory. The T410 on boot will then find it and download and install the factory image.

The T410 will then look in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Smart Client Service\auto-update\PersistentProfile" for an .XML file that has been created by the profile editor. It will then download this file to configure the T410. the default name for this file is profile.xml but any .xml file will be found and processed. Please make sure this is only one .xml file.

BTW, Are you using DHCP 137 to specificy the auto-update server?. The path you have appears wrong.

Using DHCP 137 you should have a path http://<servername>:18287/auto-update. Anything else does not seem to work. Refer to the doc I have pointed you at for me information.

Regards

Andrew S.

I work for HP.

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation