t410 Boot Directly to Citrix Desktop (2624 Views)
Occasional Contributor
HilcrRWise
Message 1 of 5 (2,624 Views)

t410 Boot Directly to Citrix Desktop

I have an HP t410 AIO Smart Zero Client that I am trying to set up with our RM CC4Anywhere server (Citrix XenApp based) so it will boot directly to desktop.  I have been able to set it up so the thin client will connect to the server (uses the citrix receiver logon screen) and open the desktop published application automatically, however the desktop is appearing in a window but I want it to open full screen, any idea what option I need to change in profile editor that will do this.  Also is there a way to connect directly to the citrix desktop and bring up the windows logon screen rather than using the citrix receiver logon screen.

Occasional Contributor
HilcrRWise
Message 2 of 5 (2,599 Views)

Re: t410 Boot Directly to Citrix Desktop

I have sorted the fullscreen issue now (an option had to be changed on the XENApp server) however I am still having problems bypassing the citrix receiver logon screen so the published desktop opens automatically at the windows logon screen.

I have enabled all autostart options I can find in HP Profile Editor but it still starts up to the Citric Receiver logon screen.  The only other possible options I can see are called 'startMode' (which defaults to focus) and LogOnMethod, however there are no instructions saying what possible options I can use.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Am I looking in the wrong place completely and an option needs to be changed on the published desktop on the XENApp server to enable this behaviour?  If so please let me know where to look so I can pass the info on to the company that manage our servers.

Occasional Visitor
zlstef
Message 3 of 5 (2,500 Views)

Hi HilcrRWise,

How did you set up your T410 to connect Xendesktop (XD)?

Because we could not make it work to connect T410 to our Xendesktop, but T610 is good.

We just enter the XD url : https://XD_FQDN/citrix/pnagent/config.xml but it always say it could not contact this address.

Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor
HilcrRWise
Message 4 of 5 (2,493 Views)

Hi zlstef

From my limited understanding XenApp and XENDesktop are two different systems so my procedure may be different to yours however I just entered the xenapp server name in the remote connection server section of HP Profile Manager (in my case 'cc4anywhere') and then in the registry editor section I added the name of a published desktop in the 'ConnectionType/xen/connections/{ID No.}/autoStartResource' section.

Occasional Visitor
zlstef
Message 5 of 5 (2,468 Views)

Hi HilcrRwise,

Thank you for your reply.

We finally solved this issue, it is certificate issue.

The error "could not contact the server address" is not very helpful, we enabled diagnostic and then from the log we see the exact error.

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.