setup BIOS password RepSetXP vs HPDM?? (426 Views)
Advisor
dinu99
Message 1 of 4 (426 Views)

setup BIOS password RepSetXP vs HPDM??

is it possible to set BIOS password from HPDM. which is better HPDM or RepsetXP for updating BIOS setp password?

i'm running hpdm 4.4.3

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 4 (412 Views)

Re: setup BIOS password RepSetXP vs HPDM??

HPDM does not have this functionality "built in", but you can however use a file and registry task to send down the repsetxp utility and configuration file and execute on thin client to make the needed changes.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dinu99
Message 3 of 4 (402 Views)

thanks for the reply

I just figured out the tool, and worked like a charm with HPDM by using file & registry task.

but, how are you managing Asset tag number's....

It would be nice if we able to generate it from computer name(may be same) and insert it just before applying computer settings .

thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dinu99
Message 4 of 4 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm just able to generate the computer name on the fly with help of a script.

But, the problem is that I can't update the bios settings for many thihclients when i send a task via HPDM.
(verified by looking at Asset tag number)

i'm able to change Bios settings by executing the script manually with admin account even EWF is enabled

Does it have any conflicts with EWF write filter ????

Regards

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation