Re: neoware ca21 "connection could not be started" after configuring license server (1538 Views)
Occasional Advisor
joesuffceren
Message 1 of 3 (2,566 Views)

neoware ca21 "connection could not be started" after configuring license server

I have a windows server 2008 R2 Terminal Server with a mix of HP (5145, 5325) and neoware (ca19, ca21, ca5) model thin clients. I have been operating in my 180 day grace period, and all of these thin clients have been able to connect to the server (though have had some issues with cursors, audio, etc., but that's another story).

Yesterday, my grace period ran out, and I configured another server 2008 R2 server as a license server and installed 40 user CALs. This morning, anyone who is on a neoware ca21 thin client is receiving the error message "connection could not be started" when attempting to connect. I do not see an error message in the event log on the server. These ca21s are able to connect to other servers (i.e. my decommissioned server 2003 Terminal Server), but will not connect to the server 2008R2 server they were perfectly happy connecting to yesterday.

Is the fact that I just installed licensing a coincidence or the problem? I used the recommended "do not configure a discovery scope" setting from R2 when configuring the licensing server, but I wouldn't think that would matter since the TS communicates with the licensing server and not the TC directly.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
joesuffceren
Message 2 of 3 (2,558 Views)

Re: neoware ca21 "connection could not be started" after configuring license server

I have temporarily worked around the problem by changing the RDP Protocol version to 4. Apparently, RDP v5 or 6 works when the TS is in the licensing grace period, but once you specify a license server, 4 must be used. I have no idea why that is, but my immediate need is resolved for now. If anyone wants to shed some light on the issue, I'd be interested to listen.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jtirrell
Message 3 of 3 (1,538 Views)

Re: neoware ca21 "connection could not be started" after configuring license server

I managed to resolve / workaround this issue. There is also a metho attached for mass updating clients.

Solution To Neoware Issue

I would attach it here but It would be a bit of a mess.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation