Re: hp device manager get ftp repository failed (1283 Views)
Occasional Visitor
westtex
Message 1 of 5 (1,367 Views)

hp device manager get ftp repository failed

Hello

I am new to HP Device Manager, and our support team came across an error while trying to open the repository management, they get the error

"Get FTP Repository Failed" and in the details box it reads

java.security.cert.CertificateExpiredException: Not after: Fri Aug 31 12:03:46 MDT 2012

I am trying to find out how to renew or rissue this cert and from where. If anyone can helpo out Id appreciate it. Already been through the manual and google trying to find a reference with no luck.

Thank You

Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 5 (1,358 Views)

Re: hp device manager get ftp repository failed

Can you please describe the ftp server (vendor and version), and also which protocol (ftp, sftp, ftps)?

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Occasional Visitor
westtex
Message 3 of 5 (1,354 Views)

we are not using an ftp server to my knowledge, the software opens the ftp repository page and seems to show the local host name in the right side and on the left a browser window for selecting files to upload to the server. The Pc support tech is wanting to upload his files to the server using this function
Occasional Visitor
westtex
Message 4 of 5 (1,353 Views)

it is built in to the HP Device manager
Frequent Advisor
Evans Conforti
Message 5 of 5 (1,283 Views)

westtex wrote:
we are not using an ftp server to my knowledge, the software opens the ftp repository page and seems to show the local host name in the right side and on the left a browser window for selecting files to upload to the server. The Pc support tech is wanting to upload his files to the server using this function

You need to setup an FTP server to use the ftp repository feature. The only thing HPDM does is setup the folder structure for the FTP server, it does not have its own FTP server built in.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.