XenDesktop with t5135 (785 Views)
Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 1 of 11 (785 Views)

XenDesktop with t5135

Anyone have any luck connecting the t5135 ThinConnect OS to XenDesktop 2.0?

I've followed the setup guide with no luck and get an error about not being able to find the application. This method described in the guide uses the PNAgent mode, though we are not using XenApp(presentation server). To me it seems that the ICA client needs to be updated to support XenDesktop, but I don't know how to update just that component if I downloaded it from Citrix. I put the latest ICA linux client on a USB drive(same one I used to flash the firmware) but did not see it show up, is there a terminal console somewhere on here?

I also flashed the bios and firmware to the latest I could find which was from Oct/Aug 2007. I was told by HP that there is a new firmware that supports XenDesktop but that was not found on the site.

Thanks,
Jeff
HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 2 of 11 (785 Views)

Re: XenDesktop with t5135

Maybe this documentation on Citrix XenDesktop with HP Thin Clients is helpful: http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01476835/c01476835.pdf

The t5135 is a closed Debian Linux which you can't update manually with new software updates besides the ones from the HP page: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3341343&...

If you want to update packages yourself then I would suggest the t5735 with HP Debian Linux 4.0 or the t5730 with HP XPe
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 3 of 11 (785 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have read all related documents regarding XenDesktop and HP thin clients(that one has been open on my desktop for days now).

Following the instructions for PNAgent mode I get the following error:
Connecting to engxp1 (an xp vm from the pool)
---------------
Client Error
"The server disconnected
This may be caused by failing to obtain a Microsoft Client Access License for windows server or the requested window size may not be supported by this server"
----------------

My setup contains: Xendesktop with licenses, provisioning server to stream out the VM images. Thin client info: t5135, BIOS 786R3 V1.03, Release Date 07/02/2007, Image S2ST0045, kernel 2.6.15.7.ki-2

I'm not seeing any logs entries on XenDesktop controller for any clues which leads me to believe this is indeed a ICA client error on the thin client.

Changing some settings and using local mode, I get an error:
---------------
Client Error
"No connection to "vdi-pool"
---------------

Any help would be appreciated, TIA
Jeff

Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 4 of 11 (785 Views)

Also for reference, The XenDesktop setup works fine from any windows, sun or mac client connecting to the web interface.
HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 5 of 11 (785 Views)

You are mentioning XenDesktop has a license.
Are the licenses TSCAL licenses on the Windows Server available? Is there a error message in the EventLog of the Windows Server?
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 6 of 11 (785 Views)

rmayer,

I've worked with HP support to confirm that its an image issue. I'm waiting on the updated image to be available. The available image does not have the appropriate updated ICA client but a new image for XenDesktop support will be available hopefully by mid july.

Also XenDesktop does not use windows terminal server nor its cals. I believe this error is indicative of the ICA client installed being tailored for a traditional presentation server(XenApp) client which leverages TSCALs.

Thanks for your responses though!
Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 7 of 11 (785 Views)

Need updated image from HP. Possible release date of mid july....
Occasional Visitor
tom.hill
Message 8 of 11 (785 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Have you since managed to get this to work?

I noticed an update dated 31st July, I'm using this on a t5135 and I'm still unable connect!! :(

I get the following error:

Cannot get address for application ""
Server browser command contains an invalid parameter

When adding my XenDesktop DDC as an App Server the 'Published Application' drop down stays empty, I would hazard a good guess these are linked but cannot for the life of me find a fix?

My Xendesktop setup works fine from a broswer on my laptop or desktop....

Tom
Occasional Advisor
jobrien
Message 9 of 11 (785 Views)

Sorry Tom,

I am getting the same errors as you. However the fact that when you change to published application mode and don't see anything in the pull down list is not a good sign.

I have that at least but get the same error as you when I try to test the connection. Try putting in the ipaddress:80 or fqdn:80 for the app servers in the global ICA tab using TCP+Browser.

See if that helps. I still haven't had any luck with this piece. I'm using a t5730 and a 6720t with XPe is the only way I can get it to work with HP clients so far.
Occasional Visitor
tom.hill
Message 10 of 11 (785 Views)

Thanks Jeff,

I'm in communication with Citrix, as they state this device is compatible on there site (http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/citrixready/product.asp?contentID=1452795)

I'll post back here if I get anywhere!

Tom
Occasional Visitor
tom.hill
Message 11 of 11 (424 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Citrix has confirmed that this device IS NOT compatible with the HP t5135 at this moment in time.

Although their website today still states otherwise :(

http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/citrixready/product.asp?contentID=1452795

My reply from Citrix:

OK I managed to get hold of the contact I have at HP. Unfortunately he confirmed that the HP device you have wonâ t work with XenDesktop yet.

He went off to investigate further, but was sure it worked with the beta we released earlier this year. This leads me to believe that something in the protocol has changed since the beta and that they will need to release an updated ICA client for this thin terminal.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.