Where is the HP imaging tool? (2045 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Nathan Walker
Message 1 of 4 (2,045 Views)

Where is the HP imaging tool?

Maybe I'm just trying too hard to find it but this legendary CRStart.exe and the package-for-the-web deliverable thing are impossible to find. I just want to image the new thin clients.

Also along these lines, when I do find this tool am I able to pull an existing image off of it? Basically what we're doing is setting up about 22 of these for a customer and then shipping them out to location. Will i be able to set up one particular thin client and then use that image to image the rest of the clients? If this is possible please let me know. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 4 (2,045 Views)

Re: Where is the HP imaging tool?

see:

http://tinyurl.com/2rup33

Rich

say thanks with HP POINTS
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Meastaugh1
Message 3 of 4 (2,045 Views)

You can download the utility you need from the download section of the HP wesbite. I think this utility is designed as a restoration tool. It won't necessarily go by the name crstart.exe, but you should see something listed under images/operating systems for your thin client model.

The Altiris solution should theoretically allow you to do what you want: http://www.altiris.com/Products/DeploymentSolution/hpthinclients.aspx

Alternatively, you can backup your thin client on to a USB stick, then restore it on to others.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA1004247
Message 4 of 4 (2,045 Views)

Nathan,

All the latest thin client models have a new feature called HP ThinState Capture. It's typically accessed from the control panel icon.

It does what you're looking for by cloning the drive of the "master" thin client to a USB flash disk drive. Then use that USB flash drive to boot & re-image the other 22 thin clients. All you need is a USB flash drive at least twice the size of the internal flash drive of the "master" thin client.

Sam
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation