Re: Wake on LAN to different subnets bug - HP Device Manager (1078 Views)
Collector
Wiebelert
Message 1 of 3 (1,091 Views)

Wake on LAN to different subnets bug - HP Device Manager

Hi,

We are currently in the process of rolling out Thinclients which we manage via HP Device Manager 4.4.

Those thinclients are on multiple subnets, but we only use one Device Management Gateway.

The Device Management Gateway is on 172.20.0.0/16 and the Thinclient i am trying to wakeup is on 172.16.1.0/24.

When i send a task to wake it up the management gateway sends a wake on lan packet to the mac address FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF and the ip address 172.20.255.255.

This obviously wont work because the thinclient is on a different subnet.

If i manually send a wake on lan packet to 172.16.1.255 with the destination mac address of the gateway it works just fine.

How can i tell the people at HP this, is there a place to report bugs ?

Thanks.

HP Pro
RobertMayer
Message 2 of 3 (1,079 Views)

Re: Wake on LAN to different subnets bug - HP Device Manager

For Bug Reporting you can go to www.hp.com/support

Do you have other Thin Clients in that subnet too?
Since HP DM 4.4 there is a new feature which wakes up other Thin Clients in one subnet without the need of a HP DM Gateway but there need to be at least one unit running.
------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

*** Click on the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks' ***
Collector
Wiebelert
Message 3 of 3 (1,078 Views)

Re: Wake on LAN to different subnets bug - HP Device Manager

Yes, that works but when they are all off it does they behavior as i described in my start post.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.