Re: Update problems with database when upgrading HPDM 4.3 to 4.4.3 (580 Views)
Occasional Advisor
DavidWiedemann
Message 1 of 5 (977 Views)
Accepted Solution

Update problems with database when upgrading HPDM 4.3 to 4.4.3

[ Edited ]

Hi

When I try to upgrade an existing HPDM 4.3.3610 to version 4.4.3, I always run into failed database upgrade.

I do the upgrade as guided by the wizard, but after starting the upgrade of the database, I am told, that the upgrade of the database failed - I have to start over for the upgrade.

I do:

* Use existing HPDM-database at existing location

* define database: MS SQL database - then set all settings according my knowledge:

Windows authentication, existing HPDM at "D:\Programme\HP\HP Device Manager"

When I continue I am told, that the database has to be updated, what I accept. After that, I get the message: update of database failed

-> Someting with the database is beeing done, as I get an error message of an invalid database, if I try to do it again

I have SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 (both with latest service packs), language settings are German (Swiss)...

Unfortunately I also haven't found a documentation, where I could find any more information regarding the installation od HPDM: Either I am blind, the documentation exists at another place, where I do not expect it or there isn't any.

Does anybody know this issue and how to solve it? Or does anybody have a hint, where to find the manual, any more documentation, especially regarding update?

Thank you for any help - I am already trying for hours (and have fortunately a backup of the whole server...)

David

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
DeanC911
Message 2 of 5 (931 Views)

Re: Update problems with database when upgrading HPDM 4.3 to 4.4.3

David, First of all, you existing revision is incomplete (the .3610 is the component identifier and there shoul be another number after it). That being said, your existing revision is and least three versions back from v4.4.3. If you can restore to your existing, then try that and upgrade to v4.4.0 first and then upgrade to current.

I am a HP employee however, the views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
DavidWiedemann
Message 3 of 5 (904 Views)

Hi

At the end I re-installed HPDM from scratch and entered all the informations again - up to 50 terminals, that is not so much of a problem - but still sad :-(

I guess, doing version by version would have made the trick, but also would have been quite a lot of effort. I think I was faster that way...

Cheers, David

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lirus
Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

all,

I had problem upgrading HPDM 4.4 to 4.5

same as user above, when upgrade database its failed.

please help.

is there another solution, like open database postgres with pgadmin.

i try open database hpdm with pgadmin but can not connect.

please help

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Biff_Rodgers
Message 5 of 5 (559 Views)

I have a simliar issue.

Tried to upgrade from 4.4.3610 to 4.5 revB.

The process went without incident, even upgraded the database successfully.

But on starting HPDM server it failed to connect to the database.

The database is on a SQL 2k8 server located on another machine.

Reason for the failure is that it's using my account to connect rather than a service account it was using when 4.4 was running.

Question is, is there a way to change the account from the one I logged on the machine with to the service account it was using and should be using.

Cheers

Biff.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation