Re: Thin clients lose their auto logon setting after imaging (405 Views)
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 1 of 4 (431 Views)

Thin clients lose their auto logon setting after imaging

Hello,

Why is it that after I lay down an image on a terminal it loses it's auto log on settings and the regional/time zone/keyboard setttings?

I've tried this via usb and the HPDM console, when you originally pull the image does it ignore regional, keyboard etc settings?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
HP_TC_EM
Message 2 of 4 (427 Views)

Re: Thin clients lose their auto logon setting after imaging

Take a look at c:\windows\setup\scripts\setupcomplete.cmd - it is executed at the end of sysprep and looks for/executes c:\windows\setup\scripts\autologon.cmd.  This is what will set your autologon after sysprep resets it.  There are "templates" named _AdminAutologon.cmd and _UserAutologon.cmd that can be copied to autologon.cmd if you desire to autolog the Admin or User accounts. 

Also, take a look at c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep_unattend.xml - you can modify this to configure many aspects of the OS after sysprep, including regional, time zone, etc.  Specifically focus on the 'Microsoft-Windows-International-Core' section. 

Make the above changes to your device before you capture your image - then any deployemnts of this image will be configured with the settings you choose.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Dean Cunningham
Message 3 of 4 (405 Views)

If you are using the older agent x.x.1209 i think (the give away is the hp imaging process rather than windows imaging .. that is a .IMG file NOT .IBR) you will have a  problem with auto login , if you pull the image off the client using HPDM.

If you use a manual image to usb using hp easy tools, the image created on the usb (.HPIMG) can then be copied to hpdm and renamed to a.IMG. This can then be used by HPDM to push to the client and the auto login will be fine

Oh and Chris, just holidaying in Kaikoura and the batch came free with 3 crayfish, nicely cooked.

Homesick yet? :)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DrChrisWarner
Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)

Cheers Dean, great info.

Haha, yes very. Although I'm home for Christmas and will be spending a couple of weeks in a remote spot in the far north getting my NZ lifestyle fix :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation