Thin client t5710 (103 Views)
Occasional Visitor
blackrock
Message 1 of 1 (103 Views)

Thin client t5710

I am curently working with a t5710 and cannot access the Admin login via the typical Administrator Administrator login using the Shift key ect... I think for some reason the Admin account was changed or the device is trying to authenticate via the server which no longer exsists. So after reading te fourms I decided to attempt a re-image, however the CD image will not boot nor will a USB image, even thou the Bios is set to boot to usb. I get an error "cannot boot" I tried making the USB image boot from the provided software however I get an error along the lines of "cannot access usb device" I attempted to use the HP usb boot key utility and mount the image via that software with success however I still get an error "unknown operating system when attempting to boot the 5710 on a usb disc. SO ... What can I do without Admin rights to the flash drive and no ability to re-image the device? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks
Paul
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.